Very disillusioned right now

Gracias!

Now all I have to do is figure out how much off-computer storage space I need if I want to be ultra-fussy about quality… and if I even need to be, given that my eyesight sucks anyway. lol

7 Likes

At least once a week I think about this and feel genuine sadness. I would have liked to have my popcorn bucket too! But as others have noted, it was a perfect storm of delays and problems that seemed to go on forever. I am just relieved we finally have everything in a warehouse, even as the shipping slowness gets worked out.

And yes, as much as I appreciate the positive vibes and the extraordinary patience, I also understand the disappointment. I too am disappointed, and I am also hopeful that when everyone DOES receive their stuff, the wait won’t seem so bad anymore. :blue_heart:

38 Likes

I’m boycotting the Gizmoplex until I get a raisin snail!

11 Likes

All right, all right. I kinda’ do get the OP’s frustration even if I don’t personally share it to that degree. Let’s not get carried away here.

12 Likes

I am standing by my demand. @Lesley knows what she has to do.

7 Likes

I generally forget what I chose for rewards, or that I even picked rewards at all. Most of the time, it works out nicely, because then when they eventually show up it just winds up being a surprise gift.

14 Likes

Well, if she wants to load up on The Magic Snails here today…

black and white vintage GIF

4 Likes

…Does it need to be fresh? I think Ivan actually still has a box of Raisin Snails from the LA shoot. :laughing:

8 Likes

In these desperate times, I’ll take it!

6 Likes

I want to know why almost everyone replying to this person is attacking and tossing snark at them over getting upset about rewards that they paid for. I personally went for a higher tier just so I could get more physical merch and have been pretty disappointed that it still has not come a year later, even though I am a really big fan of the show. I totally understand OP’s frustration.

16 Likes

When they first hit “the scene” as the kids say… do kids say that? Im old… where’s my medication?!?! I digress…

I bought some from the Sams Club near me, and while I can’t comment on THOSE specific snail’s freshness or flavor- actual raisin snails are quite good. Even if their name is WHOLLY unappetizing…

So if Ivan will ship them to you, heat em up a bit, serve alongside a cup of coffee or tea, and enjoy!!! (Or- yknow, just buy your own. But whatever works for yall!)

2 Likes

Auction that off and Season 14 is PAID FOR!

10 Likes

Do raisin snails go bad? Isn’t it kind of a Twinkie situation?

7 Likes

Because we are all in the same position? Because complaining accomplishes nothing? Because saying you cannot watch something because you haven’t had tchotchkes sent to you is a gross miscalculation of the importance of said physical items weighed against the content provided up to this point? Because this is the internet, and that’s how things are done???

6 Likes

Eh. I have to keep my collecting to a minimum. Fighting against lack of space and inborn packrat tendencies, etc. Not to mention a small budget.

On the other hand, there’s whole threads on here where people delight in showing off all kinds of sssswag and merch which they’ve gathered over the years. So… I dunno’. Fun is fun but this isn’t someone weeping because of Crow’s new voice or decrying too many political riffs or whatever. Let’s cut them some slack, please.

15 Likes

Not to totally derail, but if we’re talking Svenhard’s, yes, yes they can and do. We had to chuck several packages in a row not long ago because they were going moldy (inside the individual wrappings, fortunately).

Now I want to go buy raisin snails.

5 Likes

So… give a body a heads up on when to check on eBay…? Please?

4 Likes

I get the frustration, and totally get how screwed up shipping has been. It just feels like the swag and physical perks got left behind.

I hope announcements for what the Gizmoplex will be for starting March 1 will make the delay feel worthwhile.

7 Likes

I think we are all feeling some level of frustration. (and, as I said, that goes double, or even triple for staff).

I didn’t back high enough for any rewards the first time (the first MST KS was my first ever KS and I wasn’t sure how it worked or what I was doing). Anyone want to chime in on how long it took for physical rewards to arrive when there wasn’t an ongoing pandemic? It might help to put things in a bit of perspective.

6 Likes

I will say that I have backed a lot of Kickstarters over the years, and only a very small minority of them — maybe about 20% — have delivered their physical rewards when originally estimated. This was true even before COVID and geopolitical chaos wreaked havoc with supply chains.

The ones that deliver when promised usually either have run many similar campaigns before and know how to give better estimates for when they’ll deliver, or they have already paid the up-front costs for manufacturing those items and are using Kickstarter to recoup them, so they can deliver quickly. But even some of those “old reliable” campaigns have been a little further behind in delivering than their original estimates for the past couple of years.

Heck, I backed one campaign that promised to deliver its reward in June 2019, and I’m still waiting as we get close to four years later, with no indication that my reward will arrive soon.

But if you’re relatively new to Kickstarter — or have been far luckier than I have — it’s entirely understandable that you’d have higher expectations for when items will be delivered to you. And it’s true that updates have pushed back those estimated delivery times repeatedly. So the frustration isn’t unwarranted or worthy of ridicule. But I do find the particular expression of that frustration in the OP a bit strange. I don’t see how or why not having the “stuff” you paid for should stop you from enjoying another reward that you paid for, which is the show itself.

18 Likes