Vinegar Syndrome Halfway To Black Friday Sale

Wow, I was covetous of that but I didn’t have anything to bring it under the…$525?! it was listed at.

Very tempting anyway but…maybe next year.

2 Likes

Blu-rays came in today! Currently watching Miami Connection…I swear, that movie actually gets BETTER for me with each viewing (only because I know what I’m in for).

Seeing movies like those in 4K format is bizarrely amazing. Their presentation rivals many of the big-studio films from that era. It seems like that shouldn’t even happen, but I honestly believe we’re all the better for it. Cheesy movies need love too (well, many of them, anyway).

Looking forward to what they did with Sword and the Dragon

EDIT: I made the Vinegar Syndrome Hobgoblins release even better:

2 Likes

A good bad movie is like that. It’s weird to say it, but you can actually appreciate it on merits more once you get past the basic incompetence.

They have enough going against them, they should get the best shake they can, best print, best sound…it can turn you around sometimes.

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for a shipping email. I know they said Half-way sales take a while, but I sure hope it doesn’t take too much longer…

2 Likes

Oh, that’s weird. I got mine weeks ago!

2 Likes

Well that doesn’t bode well. I guess I’ll have to email them :expressionless:

1 Like

WAIT!

I take it back.

I just got my email for the 1/2way sale. I was confusing it with an earlier order I had placed.

Sorrrrrry!

1 Like

I wish I had seen this thread earlier, as I had just purchased all of the Deaf Crocodile collection last week. They should come today and I’m looking forward in particular to seeing Ilya Muromets in an actual decent quality print.

PS: If anyone wants to recommend some titles to me from VS, please do! I’m not really an exploitation or horror fan, which seems to be their main bread and butter, but if there’s anything else that you think I should see, please let me know! The Dekanalog collection also seems to be in my wheel house - at least the Koreeda film.

2 Likes