VIP Ticket/Afterparty: The GRAND FINALE

SQUEE!!! I just got the email with the VIP Ticket information for the Grand Finale at the theater in Pennsylvania! I am so excited!!! Is anyone else going to that?

20 Likes

I really wish I could have afforded it, but I kind of did the best I could with my Kickstarter $ with the level I went in on last year. Itā€™s a shame, too, because Iā€™m in the Philly suburbs not too far from where this will be. But no regerts even if FOMO!

I did the VIP party in New York after the 1101 premiere because some one couldnā€™t go and they gave it away to a grateful stranger who was me, so I can say firsthand that the parties are amazing and to get to meet the cast and crew was a joy. Youā€™re going to have so much fun!

7 Likes

Iā€™ll be there!

6 Likes

sighs You and me both, as itā€™s also too expensive for me. Man, it wouldā€™ve been so cool to take a photo of me with all the bots. In fact, Iā€™m picturing it right now.

7 Likes

Iā€™ll be there

5 Likes

Well thatā€™s two other peopleā€¦ guess I should go ahead and find a hotel near the theater now.

ETA: Question for the group at large; is cosplay encouraged at this shindig? Iā€™ve used my Jonah jumpsuit at every live event Iā€™ve gone to and I donā€™t want to break the tradition!

I also need help deciding who to bringā€¦ Tom or Crow. I have replica puppets of both, but Iā€™m only one person; I canā€™t bring them both. Last time I went to a live event I brought Tom; time before that it was Crow. So should I just take turns with them and bring Crow this time?

4 Likes

Cosplay is always encouraged!

4 Likes

Sigh! I have a ticket but itā€™s looking like it is too expensive for me just to get there. Between hotels, airfare and possibly renting a car, itā€™s not looking good. Still trying to crunch the numbers but yikes!

2 Likes

Oh no! I hope you can still make it!

2 Likes

Air BnB and Uber? That might help with some of the costs. The airfare is the tough one, yeah.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Iā€™m to far away in VA to offer an air mattress to crash on. Iā€™m geographically unhelpful.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m crunching all the number and trying to think outside the box. It doesnā€™t help that Iā€™ve already got a con Iā€™m going to the month before and one in February, so Iā€™ve got those expenses already dialed in. Still, Iā€™ve got a week or so to try and figure this out. Fortunately, I did get to attend the LA premiere for season 11 so at least Iā€™ve done one already. Thanks for the ideas though.

2 Likes

Might be time to build a GPC

2 Likes

Iā€™m going, too! Just bought my plane tickets. Iā€™m going to stay in Philly for a few extra days since Iā€™ve never been. I havenā€™t gotten a hotel yet, and Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll need to rent a car to get to the theater if I stay in Philly or if there is public transit. Any advice would be wonderful!

1 Like

Sadly I am not all that mechanically capable. I can put together puzzles and small metal models of things, but thatā€™s about the extent of my building abilities. I didnā€™t even build my Tom and Crow; I bought them off eBay from a guy who makes them.

1 Like

What about a GPC2? Sheā€™s lighter and more maneuverable, after all.

2 Likes

I just got word from my new job that I am approved for that time off, even though itā€™s in a crunch time (monthly audit), but God love em, theyā€™re making an exception for me.

Iā€™m crunching the numbers extra hard and almost afraid to look at the hotels and flights. Also, I havenā€™t flown since 2019. The trips Iā€™ve taken since were all done by driving myself. I donā€™t think I can handle that long of a jaunt in winter weather! But dangit, I have waited too long for something like this.

tho let it be known that sometimes YOLO is really expensive

(ā€¦I gotta put together some outfits too.)

10 Likes

I got a pretty good deal from Delta. Just buy your ticket as soon as you can.

4 Likes

Ask yourself if youā€™ll regret missing the experience or the money more.

I couldnā€™t really ā€˜affordā€™ the trip to Rhode Island a few years ago for the Film Fest (all the way across the country for me), but I managed to put it together and I never regretted the trip.

Doubly so now that because of COVID I may never travel or go to another live show (Iā€™m high risk and much as I love MST, Iā€™m not willing to die for it).

We all make these kinds of calculations - itā€™s not always simple.

8 Likes

Well, weā€™re closer to this being finalized for me. Plane tix are booked. I am hoping to get a nice booster/flu shot combo next weekend so that can percolate.

I am contemplating doing an art drop at the theater, but weā€™ll see. It wonā€™t be as much a drop as it will be ā€œWhereā€™s Waldoā€ but you gotta find ME.

Also, aside from a couple people Iā€™ve talked to outside the forums, I dunno who else that I know who will be there. So I guess itā€™s time to make some more new friends, right?

hashtag smittymakesnewfriendsintheaudiencechallenge2k22

7 Likes