Virtual Set Tour

Writing room experience was so cool!

3 Likes

The Q&A was unwatchably glitchy, so I’ll be rewatching that bit later (they said the recording would be better).

6 Likes

And the fact that Jonah accidentally dropped the F-bomb. MST3K, now rated R. Mark my words.

8 Likes

For anyone who will watch later, there were spoilers. We got to see a decent chunk of one of the shorts and watch the writers room work on it. I won’t say the title here. I feel special knowing about it. :wink:

6 Likes

It’s crazy how I liked every pitched joke, choosing which to use seems impossible. Incredible writers room!!

3 Likes

Yep. There were some I absolutely laughed out loud at. I guess choosing the riffs is part of “riff crafting”, which will be discussed in VIP tour #2?

5 Likes

Loved the writers’ room segment, can’t wait to see/hear the other two!

5 Likes

Did they confirm there’s two more set visits? Was there a time/date that was given? I’ll find out myself when I watch it tonight. But just thought I’d get the inside scoop

2 Likes

Did they say when the other visits will be? Or what they’ll be covering?
And will they all be at the same start time?

2 Likes

We’re not really sure what was said outside of the writers’ room—the audio and video were so glitchy that we only heard bits and pieces. The recording is clean and HD, though, so we’ll know more when it gets posted later.

2 Likes

That was like the riff Olympics!

1 Like

Yeah I’m going to watch again later for the Q&A. The glitching combined with screaming kids on the other side of my office door was very distracting, though I appreciate the questions I saw being asked. Thanks for the fun chat folks!

3 Likes

Well, if it doesn’t get mentioned during the stream, hopefully @Lesley and @ivan will dive in headfirst to let us know what’s gonna happen, and when!

4 Likes

I believe that we all agreed to only refer to what was seen today in a combination of hushed tones and code?

6 Likes

Despite the technical difficulties, the writers room and q&a were a great way to spend the afternoon. I had an idea of how the sausage is made for MST3K from the last KS campaign, but this was a treat. I hope @ivan you had fun hosting. I also hope the VIP feed’s bandwidth glitches are resolved for the next virtual visit!

4 Likes

Right, sorry. :flushed: :shushing_face:

1 Like

Hey all, we are super sorry about the tech challenges for the Q&A! Obviously we will work on making sure that doesn’t happen again with other set visits. The recording should be crisp and lovely though.

I hope y’all who did get to see the live writers room portion of the event (which I believe was less glitchy) enjoyed it though! We have a lot of fun writing and it was really lovely to share a bit of it with some of you.

6 Likes

The actual writer’s room was the best part to a otherwise stifling day.

2 Likes

Writing the show is so much more energy intensive than I had pictured! I wasn’t able to stay for the full Q&A, but if you don’t mind a question now, how do you guys recharge after a day of writing riffs?

Thank you all again for making these behind the scenes experiences happen under technically challenging circumstances! I’m looking forward to watching the replay to get the Q&A and to the next set visit. Cheers!

4 Likes

I can only speak for myself, and I think it probably varies a lot from writer to writer! The true answer for ME is that I need to move my body around for a few minutes (it’s so much sitting) and then literally chill out in a silent room for an hour or two to recharge. But I’m very much an introvert.

(Well, yesterday I actually went and played a couple hours of Skyrim but anyway. :blush:)

2 Likes