Volume on Season 13

Does anyone here know how to increase the volume on the app and/or on the site on Android? It’s awfully low. Thanks

(BTW, I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 tablet)

3 Likes

If you’re using the Gizmoplex app on an Android device, I believe all your volume control comes from the device volume controls. It seems like the same applies to the gizmoplex.com theater, although there is a button to mute the volume in the web player. If you look in your volume settings, you may find a separate volume slider for media - that may be set lower, causing the episode to play at a very low volume. Depending on your version of Android the volume gets broken down several ways to let you have loud alarms but quiet alerts, for instance.

BTW, welcome to the forums!

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome NotTVsFrank. I have turned up all of the volume controls that I have available to me on both the site and in the Gizmoplex app. One volume control that I haven’t been able to find is the one that is mentioned in the help section in the Gizmoplex site - “Hover the cursor over the video you are currently watching to make the video controls visible. On the bottom right, you should see volume controls.” This doesn’t seem applicable to my tablet.

1 Like

For clarification, you are accessing the site through an app, correct? And you are trying to watch on your tablet, not cast the stream to a television?

If you go directly to the website in a browser (https://www.gizmoplex.com for the VHX site or https://theater.gizmoplex.com/ for the virtual theater) do you have the same volume issues?

1 Like

Hi LadyShelley - You are correct - I am accessing the site through the Gizmoplex app, and I am trying to watch on my tablet, not casting the stream to a television. I am also accessing the site via the website, and having the same problem. I hadn’t used the virtual theater yet, so I just signed up and found that the volume is similar to the site, perhaps just a touch louder, but nowhere near where I would like it to be.

2 Likes

Do you have the same volume issues with other streamers?

Are you using headphones or the tablet’s speakers?

2 Likes

No - no other streamers, YouTube videos, websites, etc. I am using headphones (I rotate between 3 wireless sets)

2 Likes

I have that same volume problem on my Apple TV using the MST3K app. Something is definitely off it’s for like all of season 13. The movie volume is low and the riffs are too high (not a pun just an observation) would they have to re-engineer the sound to fix it?

2 Likes

There were sound level issues on a few episodes during premieres, but those were fixed by the time you could download the epsiode.

@hitzjeff do you have a season pass that allows you to download the episodes? I’d be curious if the sound issues persist when viewing off line.

1 Like

I do not have a season pass.

1 Like

So you are renting the episodes, not buying them … hmm no way to test the offline idea then.

Ponder, ponder, ponder.

1 Like

You could send me a download of an episode or a short to test it - I’ve seen all of them from this season anyway.

1 Like

We’re volunteer moderators, so we don’t have the authority (or ability) to send you episodes.

You specifically mentioned season 13 in the topic. Are you able to play classic episodes with reasonable volume? Anything that’s available from season one through ten should be available in the Gizmoplex for free viewing.

2 Likes

If they’ve been fixed then same should apply to the streaming site episodes. And yes the downloaded episodes have no issues of volume as far as I can tell from mine.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, that was my point. The known issues have been corrected.

I don’t have a tablet to try to replicate the problem. And I’m not having the issue with either my desktop machine, to casting to a television. (I do have to turn up the volume when casting, but I’m old, I have to do that a lot! LOL!)

This is sounding like it’s something device-specific. Not sure if it’s @hitzjeff particular tablet, something with Samsung tablets in general, or what.

1 Like

NotTVsFrank - I just checked 3 random episodes from season 4, 7, & 9 - all have excellent high volume levels.

2 Likes

LadyShelley - I don’t think it’s a tablet problem or a Samsung problem because approximately 97% of the audio entertainment that I access from the web is of sufficient volume that I can enjoy it with my headphones almost, but not quite at maximum volume (no exaggeration). I find it very frustrating that an entertainment source that I actually pay for is so much less able to be fully enjoyed than most free stuff on the web.

3 Likes