Waffles!

I had falafel waffles for lunch and later today I’m making pumpkin waffles for dessert.

What’s your favorite thing to waffle?

2 Likes

So there IS a falafel waffle. I hope someone’s told Joel Robinson about it.

Anyway…

3 Likes

Actually, I prefer pancakes.

I’m gonna get many death glares, right?

2 Likes

7 Likes

I used to make breakfast sandwiches of pork patties and egg between two store bought cinnamon waffles.

1 Like

I’d like waffles more if they were more efficient to make for a family of four. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

You just need one of these.

4 Likes

Speaking of…

5 Likes

Incidentally, I am annoyed that the waffles in the picture are a different shape from the waffle iron shape.

2 Likes

I make mine in succession and keep the finished ones warm on a rack in the oven until all the batter’s used up. Granted, in my house that’s three waffles for one cup of mix, so…

2 Likes

Like Pavlov’s Dog, every time someone says Waffles, I hear Crow imitating Coily “Noooo waffles!”

2 Likes

My favorite things to waffle are Belgians ( being Belgian I can get away with this). But it’s tough now because I can’t have maple syrup (the sugar), which used to be one of my guilty pleasures. :frowning:

1 Like

And a follow-up.

The driving there at that time of year is hell, but if you can visit northern New England in late winter/early spring, find a maple house at a local farm, where you can watch maple syrup being processed. From being tapped out of the trees to the finished product, it’s an interesting process.Plus in many places, they’ll serve post-tour treats, like maple syrup on ice cream, and maple syrup cotton candy (massive drool)

3 Likes

Many, many years ago my dad would make occasional visits to Maine to visit paper companies or something. He’d always come back with one of those metal containers of real maple syrup.

And as for waffling, one day I will waffle the very fabric of reality itself!

Back To The Future Abandon Thread GIF

3 Likes

I’m probably not supposed to have it either. But since it costs enough per bottle to fund an episode of the show now, I weasel around the restriction by just drizzling on about a tablespoon per waffle. The art of making things last. :grin:

2 Likes