Warner Brothers. Shield to Shield?

The New Stars and Management of Warner Bros Cartoons.

1 Like

The Warner Bros Idea of Sound.

1 Like

Warner Bros 75th Anniversary Montage.

1 Like

The History of Warner Brothers with Superman.

1 Like

The Warner Bros Studio Backlot Tour.

1 Like

A Look Inside Stage 16 - VIP Studio Tour.

1 Like

It’s so weird how the WB shield came back, given I grew up with the Saul Bass “w,” (because in the 1970s, movie studios were convinced that minimalism would never age badly)

2 Likes

Nostalgia, tradition, the iconography, the shield couldn’t stay gone permanently it was lodged into too many heads for that.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Not shown above, the logo used for 1960s cartoons…

4 Likes

The 1960s of those design choices just sit on your chest and pummel you, don’t they?

3 Likes

There is a conscious arty quality about them. Had MST3K ever riffed more from that era I hoped that might be a joke or even a skit about redesigned logos with the Host and the Bots showing redesigned moons but not knowing why. Wink, wink. :wink:

5 Likes

Another graph of the logo evolution.

2 Likes

That 1948 logo is from Hitchcock’s Rope (1948). I’m sure of it.

2 Likes

15 Things You Didn’t Know About Warner Brothers.

1 Like

I’m one of the people who grew up with the 1984 shield. The shield today IMO looks bland.

1 Like

The new MGM lion is even worse. Digital lion? Really? Just keep the old one.

1 Like

I mean… If they should’ve just kept the old lion but at the same time kept the current Ars Gratia Artis arch, then it’s completely fine.

1 Like

One of these things is not like the others…

1 Like

72-84 is still the GOAT. I like the 75th Anniversary as well since it at least moves.

Can’t look at the black, white and red one without hearing Holiday Road by Buckingham.

2 Likes