Was Mike Married? and Other Conundra

I’m just rewatching Mitchell for the hundredth time, and I realized Mike is wearing a wedding ring. A Wedding. Ring.

So, somewhere, there was a poor woman whose temping hubby just didn’t come home? Did she continue to knit him socks in the hopes he would return? Did she have him declared legally dead and collect his $100 life insurance policy? Did Mike repress those memories to help him deal with the isolation?

I have so many questions! Please say you have the answers. Feel free to add your own “hey, wait a second…” questions as well!

5 Likes

Not a lot of relaxing going on in this forums.

6 Likes

If it were a science fact, I could relax…

8 Likes

Yes, he’s married. And was then. His wife Bridget was on the show. She plays Flavia in Roman world and other random characters. She riffs with Mary Jo on Rifftrax.

4 Likes

I’m aware Michael J. Nelson is married to Bridget Jones. But what about Mike the Temp who gets shot into space?

7 Likes

My fan theory is that Mole People and delivery folk were always hitting on (fictional) Mike because they remembered his stellar work with Sex Factory. So he got a fake ring to help dodge the perils of (local) notoriety.

Before you unthinkingly wave my scenario away, consider that it would also help explain why nobody looked for him after he disappeared. They thought he was faking it to try and stir up more publicity for his band.

14 Likes

It’s not a ring it’s the connection where his fake finger sticks on.

14 Likes

Fake finger? Remind me, please.

3 Likes

So soon?

7 Likes

I don’t know … he was going pretty strong after Nuveena when it suited him. What about his adoring wife back home probably working on the line at a cheese factory wondering when his camping trip is finally going to end? Men! (And I am one.)

7 Likes

This is brilliant. Although I still hope someone was knitting him socks. Maybe a groupie.

4 Likes

“Meanwhile, his wife’s off watchin’ the Chippendales with her friends…”

Or else they’re down at the Tijuana Taxi Company, where every night is Thirsty Thursday if you have the right calendar. [hic!] :tropical_drink:

5 Likes

His wife eventually took up with Mike’s cheese factory Dude coworker, so it all works out in the end?

3 Likes

It’s always five o’clock somewhere. At least that’s how it works in Wisconsin.

3 Likes

[salutes] Also, I could swear we saw a ring on Joel Robinson’s hand a time or two. I can’t remember the details, though.

5 Likes

(I get wardrobe mistakes - easy to overlook such a thing if you don’t notice it. Just hoping to have some fun with some fan theories.)

4 Likes

Well, I got your meaning. They never said anything about him being married on the show, and clearly the relationship was over by the time Mike and the bots got back to Earth. The Mads may have made her ‘disappear’, or Bobo ran off with her.

4 Likes

Mike kicked Crow and Servo out of the garden level apartment. That’s why they got mixed up with Kinga.

5 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

Was she Sylvia? Did she run off with Gerry, leaving Mike too heartbroken to deny his marriage had ended and remove his ring?
:sob:

2 Likes