Watch out for snakes!

This happened near here a few days ago-

And apparently multiple people have been attacked by snakes at Walmarts.

I usually watch out for snakes in my yard so the mowers don’t run over them. I’ve only seen a couple though.

Where do you watch out for snakes?

10 Likes

Now I’m going to watch out for snakes at the gardening store when I go pick up my veggie plants this week. We don’t have a Walmart, so I guess I’m mostly safe.

4 Likes

Just snakes? These are the signs in my area:

Although the gators camped out around Publix and Wal-Mart are pretty chill.

5 Likes

The sign says “DANGER!” but I read it like “OOO LOOK! :heart:”. Especially for the gators. I love gators.

4 Likes

I have garden/grass snakes in my yard every year. I don’t mind 'em. Every one gets the name Sir Hiss and good wishes to catch all the nasties. We have rattlesnakes in the hills and mountains, but never had any issues.

Texas … yeah Texas was a different story. Rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, coral snakes. No thank you.

Oh, and NASA calls the gators around the facility in Florida unpaid security. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

There used to be a garter snake that would pop out and greet me whenever I went to get the mail at my old place.

I think it may have once been someone’s pet - it was a real friendly snake.

3 Likes
5 Likes

I don’t. We don’t have many here and the ones that are here aren’t exactly poisonous.

1 Like

The only snakes we get around these here parts walk on two legs.

2 Likes

Whenever I’m in north-east England.

6 Likes

A bit further south and you’d have to look out for this fella (and possibly his accompanying high priestess)

6 Likes

You get me.

7 Likes

I adore that movie! Great cast, too.

3 Likes

That’s one tough snake!

2 Likes

When I was little and we lived in central/eastern N.J., there were garter snakes in the backyard from time to time. (Supposedly copperheads appeared further south.) We would catch them and then let them go.

Never seen a snake on my property in city-fied Western Oregon. It’s too cold and damp for them, maybe? I have seen a coyote in the park down the block once or twice, though. At dusk. Sleater-Kinney’s “Light-Rail Coyote” was/is fact-based.

3 Likes

I once had an entire nest of garter snakes that had set up between a cover and a basement steps door fall on me when I opened the door from below. That’ll wake you up in the morning.

2 Likes

This fella, who operated one of the robot puppets in the MST3K fanvid called Subterranean Cinema 4000 watched out for them in Lusk Creek Wilderness recently:

1 Like