Weekly Update, 10/4 -10/8: PRODUCTION LOOMS!

Somehow, it’s almost here: the start of production. Also, announcing the return of the TURKEY DAY TOURNAMENT! These details and more in today’s backer update.

21 Likes

12 Likes

“Director Jonah” has a nice ring to it!

11 Likes

looks at the sponsors
… Since when was the game Bendy and the Ink Machine one of the sponsors?

2 Likes

We’ve selected four episodes ourselves, and so y’all will only be voting on FOUR episodes of the EIGHT episode marathon. We hope that’s okay

Absolutely okay!

I really like the idea of a Turkey Day Marathon that’s both curated by Team MST3K and chosen by the viewers. Can’t wait for the tournament voting!

And as always, fantastic update - thank you kindly!

14 Likes

Do we think any of the episodes they chose are “spiritual successors” to the S13 episodes (I wonder if they’ll screen a Gamera film), or will there be true connectivity, a-la a Joe Estevez or Joe Don Baker film- or something that is a sequel to a previous experiment (an Ator sequel)?

3 Likes

Nice update, thanks guys!

Jonah the director … this could be interesting!

I guess my only wish for the Turkey Day is we get to choose from some new episodes. It seems the Turkey Days are always the same few episodes, and I’d like to see something new. Eegah, Hobgoblins, etc, seem to get repeated every year. How about some Master Ninja, or Gamera movies, or just something different.

What is the process for backers who never return surveys? We’re joking about taking excess stuff off your hands, but in all seriousness … what happens? Must those pledges be refunded? Or are the backers just out of luck to get their rewards?

Nice to meet Tammy!

10 Likes

Agreed. Jonah’s had this longtime love of MST3K, and it’ll be really cool to see how he channels that into directorial creativity!

9 Likes

Magnificent update! Really, really getting excited now!

Thank you once again!

8 Likes

In the not too distant future, next Monday a.m…

I know y’all have been working amazingly hard on this for months and months, but it’s hit me now that it’s really real and not just some weirdly elongated fever dream and there are going to be new episodes Of MST in the not… gosh darn it, I already used that line.

So, does this mean that Jonah gets to decide who lives and who dies?

14 Likes

FWIW I’ve been personally working on it and multiple times a day I still keep pausing and looking around going “this is really happening? We are really doing this, huh?” :laughing:

18 Likes

I was thinking along the same lines as @LadyShelley, I hope we get a few unusual episodes. Or that these type are pitted against others of these types in the voting. I mean. Just to mix it up.

I know there must be a list out there of all the Turkey Day movies shown over the years (maybe Tom @mst3ktemple has that?) are there ‘never before shown on TD’ episodes we could debut?

8 Likes

It would be cool to get something of a change-up from past Turkey Day Marathons.

I remember thinking how cool it was when they went off the beaten path and gave us a relatively unchampioned choice in Danger!! Death Ray.

6 Likes

@optiMSTie , my thoughts exactly

4 Likes

If I had known I would have kicked in a few more bucks in the campaign to get the cast some comfortable chairs. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Definitely hoping that past Marathon episodes are excluded from the vote. Or at least recent past.

3 Likes

break a leg to all the cast and crew, can’t wait to see the results!

3 Likes

So PURELY HYPOTHETICALLY, if these comments were going to be a factor in the Turkey Day voting selections, would y’all say you would rather see some more obscure options but with maybe a few popular standbys included to keep everyone happy?

20 Likes

Yep. I’m in.

Not even sure if my all-time fave: Super-Dragon, has ever made the cut.

5 Likes

Super Dragon was in the bracket last year but eventually lost. It’s one of my favorites as well.

5 Likes