Weekly Update, 10/4 -10/8: PRODUCTION LOOMS!

“Production Looms”? So the Gizmoplex store will be offering woven items soon, like rugs and afghans? Yay!

I’m with folks here, it would be nice if the offerings were not repeats and included lesser known but worthy works. And thanks for all the efforts!

4 Likes

A Joike poncho caught my eye!

3 Likes

I could only afford the Sears™ poncho. :o

4 Likes

Yes, please! It would be nice to see some of the stuff that isn’t in constant rotation. Purely hypothetically, of course. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I love the fan favorites. but there are quite a few episodes that could use more T-day love. I feel like most that watch the marathon know how great The Final Sacrifice and Space Mutiny are but what of Mighty Jack?

5 Likes

???

4 Likes

I’d hypothetically be happy with that

I found lists broken up by seasons, so it took some doing. But here’s just a few that -to my knowledge- never appeared on Turkey Day.

Gamera
Mighty Jack
Monster A-Go Go
Hercules
The Painted Hills
Operation Double 007
Village of the Giants
12 to the Moon
The Dead Talk Back
Sword and the Dragon
Deathstalker (or as I like to call him, Daftstalker)
Escape 2000
Melting Man (for fans who wished to do this :face_vomiting: during dinner)
Agent for Harm
Jack Frost
Time Chasers (hmm, I would have thought this would have been shown, but I didn’t spot it)
Riding With Death
Touch of Satan
Screaming Skull
Boggy Creek II
Track of the Moon Beast

Skydivers was the only CF to make a Turkey Appearance
Super Dragon was mentioned, nominated but didn’t make the grade

6 Likes

This aggression will not stand.

2 Likes

There’s a couple on there that can be eliminated from consideration as they only have DVD rights to them, not streaming (basically, anything licensed by Universal, Paramount, Columbia, or a few MGM are barred from being streamed at this time.)

I’m holding out hope Joel finds a copy of KTMA 3 in a film reel can marked “Hamdingers” and shows it this year. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Maya or Mara or whatever her name is does show up covered in dyed turkey feathers at some point. This would be a GREAT choice!!

2 Likes

That looks like one they can stream, so it could happen.

Looking around at tubi and rifftrax, the only ones I didn’t see for streaming from my list were 12 to the Moon, Riding With Death, Agent for Harm, and Melting Man (so no ralphing on turkey day) - but we could replace them with (title removed, as it was on T.D.) or Phantom Planet (I’m going off memory with those 2, I’m not plowing through those lists again)

3 Likes

That’s unfortunate, given that a turkey leg is an important character in that film.

6 Likes

That’s right, forgot about that… and Riding With Death had some turkey’s in it too. What a loss to the tradition, turkey’s everywhere and we can’t use them.

6 Likes

I think only Teenage Crime Wave takes place over Turkey Day.

I think there’s a Thanksgiving joke or two in Batwoman. Not sure how many others have that… :thinking:

4 Likes

Frankly, anything other than Pod People, Eegah, Manos, and Hobgoblins would be fine. Those four seem to get repeated every year.

6 Likes

According to MST3K fandom, Mitchell has been shown the most. Pod People was behind it.

Interestingly (because I wouldn’t have thunk it), The Day The Earth Froze is among the most shown (and it popped up last year). But yeah, Hobgoblins was done during the Kickstarter, don’t need to come back to that one so soon (or any of the 2021 livestreams for that matter)

1 Like

Okay I’m curious, how big an increment in Netflix allowance (as in episode availability not monetary transaction) are we getting this year?

Sure thing!

It would be something neat to see some lesser celebrated/featured episodes in the mix to add some flavor and novelty to the proceedings.

I mentioned before how neat it was that Danger!! Death Ray was featured one year, but for some other examples, Lost Continent was incorporated one year, and that was a really nice surprise.

Another year, featured titles included Moon Zero Two, Bloodlust!, and Samson Vs. the Vampire Women, and I don’t think anyone saw those episodes coming, which was nifty.

4 Likes

Surprised that Lost Continent isn’t considered popular, given how much rock climbing it’s added to our lives.

8 Likes

For the scene of Hugh Beaumont losing his head with laughter in the background while Sid Melton is getting pulled up the mountain by his butt alone, that episode should be enshrined.

4 Likes