Weekly Update, 11/1 - 11/5: Coin updates! Patch updates! Time hurtles forward at an unimaginable pace!

Heyyy, it’s your Saturday Friday update! Get some fun details on the rewards production process, and everything else we’ve been up to this week. Got thoughts or questions? Drop 'em below.

15 Likes

So does that make tomorrow Sunday Saturday? Daylight Savings Time is so confusing…

4 Likes

Sincerest kudos to you and Ivan on penning these week after week. It is very much appreciated.

6 Likes

Those first patch samples look like they were made by the guy who did the Lucille Ball statue.

10 Likes

I kinda want an unpainted coin, seeing those photos. The raw metal is pretty space-like.

8 Likes

I am definitely a person who will be wailing about daylight savings and blaming it for everything that goes wrong for at least the next two weeks.

14 Likes

See, this is why I use .beat time. It’s very simple to calculate:

.beat time = ((UTC+1minutes * 60) + (UTC+1hours * 3600)) / 86.4

Round down the outcome.

2 Likes

So in that system, the switch from Daylight Savings back to Regular time is the beat drop in dubstep? No wonder it makes me feel so funky.

4 Likes

Nope, no DST switching or timezones in .beat time. 1 day = 1000 beats — nice and metric.

1 Like

I think filming in LA’s gonna feel kinda like the Netflix days all over again.

4 Likes

Slight tangent but I love Key & Peele to a near fanatic degree.

5 Likes

Oh hair
I’ve not been around for ages
But

I had to stop by and say how AMAZING those new patches look. Much better than the originals, I’m glad you could get them redone because those first ones looked awful

5 Likes

The patches from the back-up vendor are much better than the cheaper place what y’all tried firstly. But, the fizzog thereupon still look like Roger Chang, Jack Nicholson, Rainn Wilson, and Greta Van Susteren in the physical samples:

Also, hiding the numbers may be closing the gate after the cows have already LEFT THE BRONX because of this’n Tweet:

7 Likes

Something to consider for the next update regarding people who haven’t submitted the survey: Instead of saying “if you haven’t filled out the survey, do X”, consider telling people how to verify that they have indeed submitted it, even if they think it’s done.

The number is high enough that I bet there are at least a fair number of people who think they already have done it, but for whatever reason haven’t successfully done so. Maybe they got distracted partway through, or maybe they made it to the last page and didn’t realize they had to click one last submit. Or maybe that final click got lost in the void.

I say this as someone who has neglected to press the final button on orders several times myself, and been disappointed to discover my order still in my cart much later.

10 Likes

I’m wishing that, or a proof coin finish, was available as an option …

3 Likes

No, tomorrow is Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!

Monster Truck GIF by Checkers & Rally's

7 Likes

It’ll take a week to clean up.

2 Likes

The previous update also told us how many episodes each was doing

And when you click to preorder it shows you the unblanked versions too :rofl:

4 Likes

Nice update, as always. Thanks, @Lesley and @Ivan!

Gotta say the coins are looking marvellous, darling. can’t wait to have one in my hot little hands.

Is Jonah directing all of the episodes, or was he only the director for Emily’s?

Do not get me started on Daylight Savings Time. Fall back. Spring Forward. I don’t care which one they pick, but please, for the love of Mike, pick one and be done with it. The older I get the longer it takes to adjust to the change.

Okay, you got me started on Daylight Savings Time.

Nice to meet Fre! She seems like a genuinely happy person. Of course, she makes the set better!

4 Likes

As always, thanks again for the update!

1 Like