Weekly Update 11/15 - 11/19: Turkey Day Approaches!!

It’s time for your weekly update, and in this installment we are sharing some notes from LA production, as well as reminding you of the grave importance of tuning in to next week’s Turkey Day marathon! Got questions or feedback? You know what to do.

12 Likes

Thanks for the update as always, it’s very much appreciated.

Among other things…

… I dig the design concepts for the Gizmoplex/VHX titles!

11 Likes

Wish the update had a new timeframe for the classic episodes…

2 Likes

Thanks again for the update! Hopefully everyone will be alright.

Also, can’t help noticing Timmy is in some of those pictures. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The new Ramones?

18 Likes

As long as they don’t start rappin’ like Dee Dee Ramone

3 Likes

Definitely digging this- it’s a big step up that ads a nice personal touch.

5 Likes

One of the cast and crews tested positive?! Oh man. I hope it’s not one of the main casts, like Jonah, Hampton, or Baron…

2 Likes

It’s surreal - and also so cool - to see the actors and bots in the “theater” space. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen that kind of photo before.

I had my fingers crossed that my thread might make the cut this time. It didn’t, so I’m gonna be weird and promote it here:

It’s not going to be nearly as relevant after Thanksgiving, although it’s always the right time to be thankful. Anyhow, come on down and think/write about what you’re thankful for.

Please resume discussion of this week’s update below.

8 Likes

Just wanted to let know that I’m having problems loading http://MST3KTurkeyDay.com from AT&T mobile or from Spectrum broadband. I am able to load it on a third computer via a European VPN, where I see it redirects to shoutfactorytvlive.com.

Hope it’s fixed by Turkey Day when I’m going to be at a relative’s house without the VPN. (I’ll bookmark the shoutfactory link just in case.)

3 Likes

Nice, nonchalant confirmation that Gamera vs Jiger is a Jonah episode. I was wondering who would have the honors! These are details that I get excited about – which movies are in the new season, and who riffs what!

7 Likes

Whoever it is cast or crew I just hope they bounce right back and feel better asap!

Oh and that no-one else caught it!

5 Likes

i’m in europe and nothing is loading at all for me. i’ve had problems viewing shoutfactory stuff over here in the past tho

Agreed!

I screamed happily when I heard that Jonah, Baron, and Hampton were going to riff on Gamera Vs. Jiger. My thinking was, “Joel took on five of these. It’d be interesting to see the new generation take a swing at a Gamera movie!”

5 Likes

I’m a bit bummed that it isn’t Joel’s episode simply because of how neat it’d be to have Joel doing a Gamera film again, but I also can’t argue with your logic. Should be a neat new spin.

3 Likes

I’d love to know what a model shoot is. I have an idea but I’d like to know for sure.

3 Likes

Agreed, it those details that are most exciting! It’s also a nice passing of the torch. I’m happy that a new generation of Misties will be introduced to Gamera, wide screen and uncut, by a new host. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a pretty good idea as well, and sadly I don’t think it involves this:

7 Likes

Maybe it’s Crow unveiling his Spring collection of fashionable Italian men’s sunglasses.

6 Likes

I’ve been having trouble with the ROKU ShoutFactoryTV channel suddenly skipping to the next episode. Am I the only one?
My mum will not be able to watch the whole marathon with me. At 8 (90 minutes) episodes it’s about 12 hrs long. Will the marathon be available to watch for awhile after the holiday? :yawning_face: Just thinking about being awake at 6 AM makes me tired. :cup_with_straw:🫖 Stocking up on caffeine.
Art School Coffee GIF by sarahmaes

2 Likes