Weekly Update: 11/19 - 12/3: How about those season 13 movies, huh?

Your weekly update is here! How are you feeling about the movie lineup for season 13?

10 Likes

Pretty good! I like the focus on intrigue and action with Santo, Batwoman, and Sumuru. Also, the schlock VHS fare on offer contains better choices than a certain Season 12 title which shall remain nameless (and talentless). And hey, a Jeffrey Combs film! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Just curious, Lesley, I’m guessing it’s a rights thing, but The Bubble is also a 3D movie. Any plans for a 3D version in the future?

Meant to say, also hepped up for The Bubble. Anything by Arch Oboler is a treat!

1 Like

@Lesley , I sadly saw none of the movies for Season 13.

After working on this movie, I feel very confident in saying that Arch should have stuck to radio.

5 Likes

The bubble IS the 3D episode for season 13.

Unless they are going to kill us all with a Munchie 3D surprise reveal…

No, The Mask is the 3D episode. It even says so in the update.

3 Likes

Sorry. I got mixed up with The “The” episodes.

My mistake. And I agree, more MST3D is welcome!

I wonder if/how they could do some 3D shorts. I imagine there are a lot of shorts like that in the public domain…

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised. Transitioning between media formats is seldom easy, and being a genius in one format is no guarantee of quality in another. At least Arch, like all those silent films stars done in by the talkies, has the glory days of old as a comfort.

2 Likes

I’m personally happy to see more films with Barbra Crampton and Jeffery Combs being riffed. Not that they are bad as I love the Stuart Gordon films they did together. Big fan of Re-Animator and Castle Freak! Still have yet to see the other Lovecraft adaptation they were in. From Beyond I think it was called…

4 Likes

When was the last time you guys actually listened to an Oboler radio play? Because a lot of them are pretty cheesy too.

Thank you for sticking all the Turkey Day stuff on YT for those of us who struggled to access it. Can’t wait to watch it all!

And 4th March will be here before we know it, super excited!

3 Likes

I mainly listen to radio comedies and not dramas, but I’ve always just accepted that Oboler’s radio plays are good based on his reputation. I’ll have to listen to some of his stuff now and see what I think.

1 Like

I think ‘The Bubble’ would have been a better choice, as the entire movie is 3D, whereas ‘The Mask’ is only 3D in parts.

3 Likes

Good to see another update! Thanks again!

1 Like

I used to listen to old timey radio (on the radio) all the time. Lights Out was one of my favorites, but admittedly it’s been a few years since I’ve tuned into one, but something about them, just hearing without seeing (other than within your mind), was very intense, and creepy.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. Glad I can view the Turkey Day reruns since I was out of town and without a way to watch.

1 Like

I’m most excited for Doctor Mordrid. I watched it multiple times as a kid (it was my first Jeffrey Combs experience!) and really enjoyed it. I just re-watched it a couple months ago, not knowing I’d have the pleasure of seeing it riffed in the near future.

1 Like

As of now, the one I’m looking forward to the most is The Christmas Dragon. The title alone makes me giggle and the teaser preview is giving me some real Delta Knights/Ren Faire vibes. :slight_smile:

I’m also strongly anticipating Munchie. just based on all the talk surrounding it!

The Shape of Things to Come, because Jack Palance.

I’m sure they will all be fun! Bring on Season 13!

4 Likes