Weekly Update: 11/8 - 11/12: Filming has begun in Los Angeles!

Is Jonah really tall or are they really short?!

5 Likes

Jonah is really, really tall. He has lost gigs because he is so tall.

3 Likes

if you click on that bit in twitter it says that patton tagged frank and 4 other people. but frank did respond back later:

7 Likes

I’m kind of concerned about the VHX thing. I’ve never heard of that service here in the UK. I once tweeted Matt asking whether the Gizmoplex would be available in non-American countries, but is VHX an app or what?

2 Likes

It is Vimeo’s OTT service. So should be available anywhere.

4 Likes

Hmm. That’s a bit concerning. I don’t have any way to watch Vimeo other than my computer. I was hoping for something that would be playable on my television. Even an Amazon channel would be good. I just checked my PS5 and my XBOX and neither had apps for Vimeo.

2 Likes

That is just the core of the system. They said they were going to build apps for it as well. From this week’s update, “More specifically, you will always have the ability to watch all content directly on VHX, as well as through the MST3K apps that we’ll be releasing before the first new episode premieres.”

5 Likes

Thanks, that makes more sense. I ought to learn how Twitter works, right after I learn all the other things.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear! I’m so used to not getting stuff over here that I worry.

3 Likes

Jonah is unusually tall.

He could cosplay as Sagat from Street Fighter II if he felt so inclined.

3 Likes

He’s really tall…buuuut?

4 Likes

Sarah Mittens?

3 Likes

Lol- was thinking the same thing!

1 Like

Dang… still no NOLA show… guess it’s a six hour roadtrip to Houston for us…

2 Likes

I bet he’s much taller than ME!

1 Like

It looks like he’s standing on a riser, but I just looked it up and he’s 6’5", Patton is 5’3", and Day is 5’5"… so maybe he’s not…

4 Likes

wow… I never realized those two were that small.

2 Likes

I was thinking that too!

I wonder if part of Joel’s casting criteria was that there should be a comical disparity in height between the various cast members! :laughing:

Also, I kind of like the small soundstage/set; it harks back to the “classic” era Deep 13.

4 Likes

It’s funny, I was actually discussing something similar the other day with a friend of mine… I was comparing how Crow’s height has shifted over time so that he’s just a few inches shorter than his human companion… this implies he’s had almost a one foot growth spurt between seasons 10 and 11! Also why he now towers over Emily.

2 Likes

My impression is that you may be out of luck on this tour – for tour dates I am merely the conduit transmitting this info from the folks who do all the planning, but my understanding is that this might be it.

That said, if I hear differently you will absolutely get a heads up about it!

4 Likes