Weekly Update, 9/20 - 9/24: Writing rooms are done! Surveys are closing! New tour dates!

Hey I’ve got your piping fresh Friday update, just a bit late today due to us having held the first Virtual Set Visit for backers! If you’ve got questions or feedback, let us know below. Thanks friends.

12 Likes

Why haven’t we heard anything about the shorts?

That… we ain’t telling you.

1 Like

What would you like to know?

3 Likes

As a millennial, I’ve never seen an actual modern short except the ones from Pixar. For the shorts you riff, are they all black and white or are there some newer ones out there?

Thanks again for the update, as always!

2 Likes

The update mentions an updated theme song (yay!) but will it be one theme for the whole season or will each host have their own version?

2 Likes

Another great update!

So it looks like we will actually start seeing the episodes sometime next Spring? Trying to work out the timing that the Christmas episode is the finale.

Getting excited for rewards! Can’t wait to get a MST3K package in the mail.

Nice to meet Josh! Dude, you can’t leave us hanging though. Where can we find the best cinnamon rolls?

3 Likes

Two things:

updateactually

[gasp]

It’s the nefarious Mansplaino!

1. Thanks once again for a most excellent update!
5 Likes

Looks like Hampton grew a beard.

1 Like

Anything really, who is hosting them? Are they going to be part of the episode or are they going to be separate? Are rights issues as big a problem with shorts as they are with features?

3 Likes

And now for something a bit interesting: according to the bot building pic, Crow can blink now.

4 Likes

Great, now I’m hungry for

R

• Speaking of new opening sequences: we can tell you that there will be an updated theme song for Season 13, and – in a return to time-honored MST3K tradition – the song will be performed by our hosts and the cast.

Yipee!

7 Likes

Gimme dat cinnamon roll.

1 Like

Ha! Here you go, I brought enough for everyone.

:taco: I was planning to make tacos for my Saturday Svengoolie viewing, but now I’m going to have tacos AND a cinnamon roll. Live large I say!

1 Like

We finally have a Portland, OR date!!

muppets kermit GIF

2 Likes

I was wondering, like if you were traveling through outer space, I mean like you’re going real fast, like the speed of light, you know…and all of a sudden you started screaming… aaaahhhhh aaaaahhhhh…

Do you think your brain would blow up?

1 Like

They’ll be hosted by each host. I don’t think we’ve settled on who is hosting which yet though. And they will be separate! Shorts will premiere on their own instead of being rolled into the episode as traditionally done.

And almost all the shorts we use are public domain, so rights are rarely as complicated as with full length movies.

7 Likes

These aren’t generally that kind of short. More like old educational/promotional films, typically from the 50’s - 70’s. How to have good posture, the wonders of chicken farming, etc. Some are color, some black and white, all are gems.

5 Likes

Thanks, Lesley!

2 Likes