Weekly Update, 9/20 - 9/24: Writing rooms are done! Surveys are closing! New tour dates!

Very interested to see/hear how the new opening sequence will be handled considering season 13 will have 3 different hosts between Jonah, Emily and Joel. I’ve been assuming there would be a different variant depending on who was hosting any given episode, but judging by the phrasing on the update post, there’ll just be the one. Short of completely changing the structure of the song, it’d be hard to cram three different names in the melody…

3 Likes

bots

Many bots have fallen in the Riff Wars of 2022. Donate today to support your boys in gold and get them back in the fight!

Buy Kickstarter Riff Bonds today!

7 Likes

There are shorts from MST3K and Rifftrax available to watch for free on YouTube. There are also, obviously, shorts attached to episodes on physical media and compilations of only shorts, as well. When I saw Bill and Kevin do a panel at a con years ago, they said their writers room was interested in mining the public domain old shorts, so that’s what I’d expect to see again, since, like you said, there don’t seem to be a lot of modern shorts made (educational YouTube videos are the closest I can imagine?)

3 Likes