Weekly Update, 9/27 -10/1: PROPSAPALOOZA! Shipping updates! And so much more!

They certainly capture Dick Sprang, Mobius, and Joe Shuster stylistically.

2 Likes

The Batman cover is probably my favorite as well. The art for all three is great, but that one is just … something else again. Very well done.

4 Likes

I want some MST3K yellow mustard!
It would be perfect for hot dogs, which 42% of MSTies believe is definitely a sandwich.

4 Likes

I love that they referenced Moebius.

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering if we will see a 70’s Sid Haig movie this season.

4 Likes

That would be fantastic! It was great to see him featured in Wizards of the Lost Kingdom II, and I’d like to see one of his 70s films enter the MST3K fray!

1 Like

I was Googling some of them and there are some great ones from which to choose.

2 Likes

Looks like a match, but who knows? Could just be a prop.

9 Likes

Thanks for the update, the adorable pics, and for mentioning my Ram Chips thread. You’re too good to me.

:o

1 Like

giggled at the 70s dirtbag prep, very excited for whatever that is. also can’t wait for turkey day!

1 Like

Hey!
Mst3k is community based.
Look at all this great stuff we’ve created over the years.
Can’t the community now help to contact the 4500 unreasonable backers?
Most off them have their phone number.
After a training in data security a group of community members can phone them off.
:v:t2:
Chris
They*them

1 Like

:thinking: I’m guessing a lot of the are on the Big Box Social Media Sites, too. Putting out pinned notices there could help, too. (If it hasn’t already been tried, of course.)

1 Like

Welp. I tried everything to help a few fans/newbies who’re unaware of the preorders, and now I’m out of ideas.

2 Likes

Hi GizmoTeam! With the understandable delays expected for the physical rewards, supporters like me who chose the digital download only option are curious about our rewards. When the digital rewards only backing tier was announced, part of the hype was that we could “enjoy classic episodes while waiting for the Gizmoplex to go live”.

Now we’re just waiting for a download link to the files you must already have on your server. Thanks for you attention on this.

3 Likes

Your comment in the Badges thread reminds me: I want to do that too on a couple of the smaller platforms I use. Because I see a MSTie on those every now and then.

BUT I can’t remember: will people who aren’t logged in as backers be able to view the Kickstarter updates which are calling for them to “come home”? And if not, is there a non-exclusive spot where I can link them to that plea?

Maybe somebody knows… :thinking:

1 Like

I tried, but all I have are absolutely NO invites, and worst of all, there are a lot of people who aren’t interested…

2 Likes
1 Like

See Ivan’s post above. They are working on repacking the digital episodes and hope to have them ready November-ish.

EDIT: Oh sure, @MichaelRobertson knows how to quote the whole post. Show off! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yesterday was my birthday and reading that update felt like a bit of a gift!

It was with surprise and joy that I read, “This week, we’ve also been working with Joel on some special scripted segments for this year’s Turkey Day Marathon… We don’t want to give too much away, but you can expect this year’s Turkey Day to reveal some major details about Season 13 that you won’t want to miss.”

It warmed this werewolf’s heart so very much since I actually posted a poll about this very topic:

https://forums.mst3k.com/t/turkey-day-vignettes-poll-survey/1949

I’m sure those segments will probably just be the set up for whatever Season 13 will be but…

It also made me wonder if there is ANY possible chance this year’s Turkey Day could end with the reveal of the first new episode for season 13?!

It’s probably a huge, impossible longshot given the insanity that would require the production to have an episode be shot, edited and ready to air so soon, but that would be awesome.

Imagine a Turkey Day with scripted bumpers that played in between all the “classic” episodes which lead to the reveal of a brand new episode at the of the night.

That would keep with the tradition of how Turkey Day in '92, '93, '94 and '95 played out.

At the very least, maybe this Turkey Day will end with the reveal of a new short.

I’m hoping soon they release a schedule for the new season. Not necessarily what episodes are coming out (though great sleuthing work on “Beyond Atlantis”), but rather when they will start and if there will definitely be one new full episode a month.

What would be great would be an alternating, staggered release of shorts and episodes each month so that, every two weeks for a full year, we would get some new MST 3K content.

So excited for the future!

2 Likes

Were you thinking the original “Little shop of horrors” or “The Day of the Triffids”?

2 Likes