Weekly Update for 1/10 - 1/14: Updates are back! Rifftrax rewards are going out! 3D glasses are printing! And MORE!

And we’re back! In this week’s update we’ve got new details about your Rifftrax rewards, Virtual Set Visits, and photos of the 3D glasses being printed! Share your impressions and questions below. And yes, we missed you too.

19 Likes

I would like to know, when they arrive, who has advance knowledge on Rifftrax- what is best suited for a 9yo? Are some/any of the things we’re getting going to make sense, and that won’t give him TOO MANY new words and phrases to use at school and get me called to the office…

Nothing has arrived yet. So idk if it’s “open season” to redeem for ANY of the shorts/full film/live events or not. But I am hoping the MSTies can give a good appraisal for what’s going to land with the pre-teen sensibilities.

So excited to be less than 2 months out from the season premier!!!

4 Likes

The glasses look amazing.

4 Likes

This might be a good question to pitch to the Extended World of Riffing side of the forum.

4 Likes

I think the best bet is always to watch something yourself first if you’re not sure it’s suitable for your kid.

4 Likes

I will 100% prescreen anything, but was just looking for suggestions!

1 Like

I will try and figure out how to put this comment over there. Or maybe I’ll just, copy/paste it…

1 Like

B&MJ’s Sherlock Holmes films should be fine for starters.

Anything that originated before 1960 should be safe enough, mostly.

4 Likes

Yay, RiffTrax rewards are incoming! The glasses look to be the fashion highlight of the season.

Any update on when physical rewards might start shipping? I seem to remember February was mentioned at one point. Is that still in the ballpark?

The piece about beta testing has me confused. So has beta testing already started with a group of folks and more testers will be added at some future date? If so, it’s great to hear that the site is that far along!

Nice to meet Dylan!

5 Likes

Depending on what level you pledged and assuming it includes a RT Live show I’m going to suggest Jack the Giant Killer. It’s one of my favorites and I think it’s family-friendly (someone please remind me if I’m forgetting something).

4 Likes

Full rewards details here.

2 Likes

I literally squeeeeeed with delight when my holiday card arrived!

4 Likes

Kinga-Vison Glasses look pretty nice!:+1:

Hopefully will have an opportunity to be part of the beta test when it expands at the end of the month…

Looking forward to seeing what bonus content we’ll see! HotDish recipes?

Ugh.

Hate that I’m going to miss the next virtual set visit…

I’ll hopefully be taking photos of sports cars doing sports cars things at Daytona that weekend …

2 Likes

According to RiffTrax themselves, these SHOULD be “safe”. Family Friendly | RiffTrax

5 Likes

HEYYYYYYY

WHAT THE POOPIE DID I BACK THIS THING FOR?!?!?!?!

** Please note that red-blue 3D glasses are* [ unlikely to work for dogs ]

oh, dogs are colorblind. Yeah, I knew that.

Great update, wonderful to read and see; with the tour wrapping at early Feb, that month between then and the beginning of March is going to be much excite.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

:wink:

3 Likes

(I know I know-- so help you, you’ll turn this satellite around…)

3 Likes

Quick answers!

It’s looking like physical rewards will start to ship out in March/April, due to some supply chain delays related to COVID. We’re still aiming to have all of the rewards shipped before the 1-year anniversary of the Kickstarter ending, so that we’ll have fulfilled everything (except things like the box set) within the first year.

For beta testing: a very small group has started testing. It’ll expand to a bigger group before the end of January!

10 Likes

What about the upgraded 3D glasses? Do you know when we’ll get a look at those, or did I miss it in a previous update?

3 Likes

So delighted to see updates again! Great stuff. Thanks again!

3 Likes

We have a photo of those too! It didn’t look quite as interesting, but since you asked so nicely, here’s what we have:

15 Likes