Weekly Update for 1/17-1/22: Virtual Set Visit news, and reward shipping updates!

Your weekly update (for last week :grimacing:) is here! Let us know what you think, and also, what’s your favorite sandwich?

12 Likes

The kitten-wrangling continues! Woot and other such terms. Congrats to all involved (hopefully a few here) who worked up an invention and hey, there is a face to go with a Tim. As things head towards various finish lines (only to see that they’ve been re-painted as starting lines for other stuff) I hope cast and crew are able to take some time and enjoy this all.

Favorite sandwich? Oh man, Fluffernutter or Monte Cristo.
OR fried clam sandwich.

5 Likes

Thanks for another great update, can’t wait to hear about those Gizmoplex event plans in February!

Also…

I’m a simple guy. I’m all about those club sandwiches.

4 Likes

I got a few. Grilled cheese, peanut butter and honey, BLT, and… wait a sec. Do burgers count as a sammich?

5 Likes

Congratulations to @timryder for getting 100% completion on Metroid Dread. There were some shine spark puzzles that were too much for my smooth brain.

7 Likes

Thanks as always, Lesley & Ivan!

Cubano. Mmmmmmm.

What part of Illinois you from, @timryder?

8 Likes

Leftover Turkey Sandwich. No other Turkey will do. One slice of cheddar on top of the turkey, one on the bottom, a layer of Mayonaise (May-O-NAISE!) in between each layer.

9 Likes

@timryder . Timmy Tim Tim (Bonehead) Ryder. You cleared all of Metroid Dread?!
HEY FELLAS!!! Get the confetti ball goin’!

6 Likes

I love a good Reuben.

6 Likes

Nice update!

Also: A hamburger sandwich—with all the trimmings! :wink:

4 Likes

Woo for our Bone Daddy, @timryder!

Favorite sandwich? Croque Madame or a grilled pimento cheese.

PS - Hail and Mel Welles!

5 Likes

Hello! That’s my face! But which one am I…

Oh, I fully admit to going straight to YouTube anytime I saw those speed blocks pop up. But knowing how to do the puzzles and actually doing them are a different story, so I feel like I can still legitimately claim the 100%.

I grew up in a little town in southwestern Illinois called Jerseyville, about an hour north of St. Louis. Then spent about a decade in Chicago after college. Are you a fellow Illinoisan?

Thank you! It was a very fun game that I beat way too quickly! I then gave it to my 11-year-old nephew so he and I could commiserate about how OP the EMMIs are. You see, if I beat a game and then give it to him, I can give him tips and still be cool in his eyes. I have to do something to make up for my embarrassing Fortnite performance.

Thank you! I don’t know if I’ve been called Bone Daddy before and it makes me feel…strange. Not bad, just…strange.

7 Likes

I mean in it the bestest, most Skellington of ways. :skull:

Incidentally, props for the Decemberists t-shirt. They’re a fave of our household too.

4 Likes

There’s one burning question that remains, @timryder: what’s your favorite sandwich?

3 Likes

Same! Keep your ears open - I pitched a few Decemberists riffs this season. I think maybe a couple made it in. We’ll see.

I like a nice Italian sub. Or you know what, just a simple PB&J is often incredible!

6 Likes

National Sandwich Day

When I was a kid, mom’s toasted cheese with tomato soup.

Open face hot turkey sandwich, though is it technically a sandwich if you have to eat it with a fork?

And waaaay back, when they were new and before they went to hell in a handbag, we had a Quiznos in town, and the Mesquite Chicken… mm-mm!

Toasted, for a nice crunch, and they pilled in the meats and fixens so that they spilled out of the sandwich at every bite - and you went through your stack full of napkins quickly because you’re mouth and hands were dripping with ranch dressing. You looked like a pig eating it, and that’s just the way you liked it!

(in later days it was more, “Wait, that’s all your putting in there, where’s the spillage, wheres the mess? I didn’t even go through a second napkin with this one.”)

2 Likes

Oh, rock!

(I do love an Italian sub.)

3 Likes

How’s about you, @Lesley? Where do you stand in the sandwich discussion?

2 Likes

Yay! We’re getting close to the end and having all episodes filmed. (then the crew will crash and sleep for a week).

Nice hints about the other live events in the Gizmoplex. can’t wait to hear more.

Hey @timryder nice to have a face to go with the name. Well met, sir.

Favorite sandwich: Italian subs (or meatball subs) … and now I’m hungry.

4 Likes

Some restaurants in Rhode Island claim to make a cubano but I grew up in South Florida and I know better. :yum:

6 Likes