Weekly Update for 12/13 - 12/21: LA is Wrapped, Downloads are Nigh, Beta Signup is Live!

Like a shaft of gold when all around is darkness.

1 Like

It’s all happening!

1 Like

Short story? Cooking, a lot.

Long story?

Current plan:

Tonight, make homemade cinnamon swirl kifli and homemade pecan nut roll filled kifli. Watch Hawkeye finale and Charlie Brown Christmas after.

Make some homemade pizza for Christmas Eve (it’s become a new family tradition I enjoy) Will probably watch Christmas Vacation after. (And some newly downloaded MST3K episodes hopefully)

On Christmas Day, homemade French Toast made with homemade cinnamon swirl bread, make more cookies and then make steamed gulf shrimp for dinner … Scrooged and at least one Doctor Who Christmas episode then some MST3K.

2 Likes

Oh Christmas plan.

Tomorrow: the big shop for everything we’ll need for baking and cooking. Whole house clean. Make scones for Christmas breakfast. Make fudge. Watch a Christmas movie (White Christmas maybe??)

Friday: prep work for Christmas dinner. Christmas Eve dinner of cheese and wine in front of the tree with husband. Watch Charlie Brown, Prep and Landing specials, and Polar Express while drinking homemade hot chocolate.

Christmas Day: Family descends on us in the afternoon. Dinner, presents. A fun time had by all.

1 Like

… What Christmas plan? Ever since my dad and my sister got… THE THING, I can’t think of anything at all. And now I’m much too cranky to get into the holiday spirit.

2 Likes

Christmas Plan:
Getting my covid booster and flu shot as soon as I leave work, off the next two days, might go check out the christmas eve bonfires if I get the chance, back at work christmas day but my mom is staying at my hotel and taking me out for christmas sushi when I get off.

1 Like

Plan to: work the second of four consecutive double shifts.
Wish to: pretty much anything else.

4 Likes

Sorry you’re dealing with that at any time but especially over the holidays.

Hope everyone is better ASAP.

4 Likes

Plans are to spend time with my spouse, open presents, and make a delicious Christmas dinner for the two of us. Normally my parents would come over but we’ve decided to put off any gatherings until after the first of the year. OH! And watch some MST3K of course!

Beta questionnaire complete :+1:

1 Like

Kifli are done!

10 Likes

Got my code - I have a Vimeo account and it took that sign-in info (I didn’t have to create a separate account, I wasn’t sure if I would, as I’m not familiar with who they (VHX) are and what they are or why they are or how they are related)

I did submit my name for Beta testing, but I didn’t add anything at the end to sell myself, whatever will be, will be. (Sounds like a song. :wink:

As for the Holidays, can’t say, don’t want to jinx it

3 Likes

I probably should have mentioned a bit of my background for the beta sign-up, but I trust that they will get a great cross-section of fan/user/xp and build out a great system. So if not chosen, I get the surprise further down the road.

For the holidays- welp, I got this code today, see…
Beyond that, much reading and bits acquired for myself (which would never be grabbed as gifts) as well as a card to finish painting, some media to catch up on. XMas Eve Eve tea (so what remains doesn’t roll over into XMas Day/Dinner) and then I cook XMas dinner (being a New Englander of very firm opinions on such, even 40 years removed from Ma.) Watching the cats enjoy their gifts of paper and boxes and turkey, trying not to resent having to upgrade from a desktop to a workstation ($$$$), and cooing over studio set-up needs (er, anyone work for AMD, NVidia, Wacom, Eizo…?). Plus setting up my large format 3D printer for reasons, a lot of time in my sketchbooks, and the whole shebang culminating in Time Bubble on Jan 4th. Possibly the start of a VR SOL, but not likely a lot til the workstation arrives, so gathering reference.

1 Like

I had the same issue, and typed in “Site didn’t run upload test .”

You guys might have better luck with the Google speed test.

It works on mobile, and it’ll answer the question just as well as any other speed test.

1 Like

@perfectfaceforradio - I don’t know what kifli are but I would like 2, please.
@SuperCutie - sorry to hear the 'Rona has touched your life so directly. My wife doesn’t have it, but she’s very sick right now, so it’s having a similar dampening effect on us. Well, except for my kid. She’s gung-ho for Santa.
@RocketJForklift - invoking raisin snails means you should be Lead Beta Tester. Come to think of it, those of us who are selected should create our own fictitious beta tester title/roles. I shall be Senior Director of UI nitpicking, should I be so fortunate. Except for you - you’re the Lead. You don’t get to pick.
@EBK - A noble and significant choice. I suggest you be appointed Cheese Sommelier.
@JakeGittes - You sing whenever you sing, am I rite?

4 Likes

It’s a Google Form so I believe you can edit your answers as many times as you like…

[Want to put a GIF here of Jon Favreau and his answering machine scene from Swingers, but too lazy.]

1 Like

Kifli are a Hungarian dinner roll.

My mom and I ended up combining/mixing/tweaking several recipes found online to recreate my great grandmother’s/grandmother’s recipe … a few recipes called for ingredients we knew neither had used, so figured out what ingredients from the other recipes would go in their place… Room temp soft butter in place of frozen shredded butter, powder milk in place of yogurt or sour cream… etc.

Took a few tries and additional tweaking but the current recipe is something my dad loves as much as his original family recipe.

These are… different/new? Decided to try filling the kifli with the cinnamon/sugar mix mom uses for her cinnamon bread and the pecan nut roll filling… from her pecan nut roll, about 3 months after we started making the dinner roll kifli.

I’ve found that these are easier to transport/share, especially with my SCCA friends, than sliced cinnamon swirl bread or sliced pecan nut roll?

And, yes, they are addictive.

4 Likes

I prefer this version:

3 Likes