"Weird Al" Yankovic

We saw him the last tour where he did just originals a few years ago. It’s not the full Weird Al experience with the more popular parody songs and costume changes. I really enjoyed it as a bare bones rock show. He did do a medley of “greatest hits” every night too.

3 Likes

He was kind enough to sign my Jurassic Park DVD. It was a collaboration with Rifftrax.

7 Likes

Some of these ERBs are better conceived than others—but Weird Al rocks!

2 Likes

Daniel Radcliffe is… “Weird” Al Yankovic!

6 Likes

I can’t say I’m sold.

2 Likes

Can’t say that I am, either, but I’ll withhold judgement. The thing is, for the life of me I can’t think of anyone who would be the perfect choice to cast as Weird Al aside from Al himself with a bit of CGI de-aging — which is still pretty pricey SFX.

Hmm… I wonder what ILM could do with the final film footage and Weird Al’s filmography (both video and audio)? CGI plus Deep Fake video and audio, like what was used for Luke Skywalker in The Book of Boba Fett?

3 Likes

Neither am I. “You’re a musician Harry…”

2 Likes

5 Likes

@RRRob A far greater compelling pic than the earlier ones. This convinces me.

Finally found a few more details about the film. Al actually co-wrote it, so this could be a real hoot to watch.

“When my last movie UHF came out in 1989, I made a solemn vow to my fans that I would release a major motion picture every 33 years, like clockwork. I’m very happy to say we’re on schedule. And I am absolutely thrilled that Daniel Radcliffe will be portraying me in the film,” said Yankovic. “I have no doubt whatsoever that this is the role future generations will remember him for.”

6 Likes

The director apparently made a short film version in 2010 with Aaron Paul as Al.

4 Likes

Oh wow, even Jonah is in it!

3 Likes

Not to mention Patton “TV’s Son of TV’s Frank” Oswald as Dr. Demento.

Now I’m wondering if they’re going to pull a fast one and have Radcliffe’s “Weird Al” cast Joel Hodgson as “Philo,” the station technician in this UHF film he’s working on…

6 Likes

I would be so here for Joel as Philo.

4 Likes

It looks like Harry Potter is doing cosplay. Even with my glasses off he still looks like Harry Potter doing cosplay.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of Weird Al news this week!

This is a real product, apparently, and not a virtual pinball machine, either. The base pinball machine (without any “playfield” — it’s a modular pinball machine that can be configured and re-configured in various ways) is $8,300, plus $3,000 for the “Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity” playfield kit, and another $1,800 for the “Limited Edition Package” if you want to go all-out. But what’s $13,100 to close, personal friends of Weird Al?

4 Likes

That is insane (affectionate).

Lots of people in the Twitter thread https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1496862795689697280 definitely wanting it to (also) be a virtual machine, though!

2 Likes

Well thousands have cosplayed him (Harry Potter), so shouldn’t he get a turn?

I about bust a gut at the product mentioned in the commercial!

5 Likes

Filming on WEIRD: The Al Yankovic Story has officially wrapped.

4 Likes