"Weird Al" Yankovic

Hmm… The seven names “lost to time” that Al considered before settling upon “Weird”?

• “Mediocre”
  • “Mildly Annoyed”
  • “Moderately Eccentric”
  • “Dehydrated”
  • “Irving”
  • “Wait a second, I’ve got something in my eye”
  • “Odd”
4 Likes

Irving Al Yankovic?

1 Like

Nothing says “weird” like adding another first name (same as that of a magic sword) as a non sequitur.

3 Likes

I guess it’s good he didn’t go as Frankie.

2 Likes

Yes, that would have been confusing. I think there are still those who think the two are related somehow.

2 Likes

It doesn’t help that they collaborated a couple of times.

2 Likes

Could have been worse; “Irving Al” could have collaborated with Irving Berlin.

2 Likes

@RRRob

I’m definitely getting Mr. Kotter vibes.

3 Likes

Everyone else: Evan Rachel Wood as Madonna!
Me: This guy as Dr. Demento!

3 Likes

Came across this and thought I’d share.

4 Likes

So Mark Mothersbaugh is all, “Weird Al didn’t cover my song, he created a new one similar to it from scratch — and he did it better than me!:rofl:

6 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Weird Al is a national treasure.

7 Likes

I remember reading somewhere Mothersbaugh calling that song “More Devo than Devo.”

5 Likes

Somewhere buried in the Disney Vault® is an unreleased (not unmade, unreleased) animated Star Wars parody series with some original music from Weird Al.

"We were working on a Star Wars musical, that was a third-season show, we were writing songs, and all of a sudden, it was like, 'This is not gonna happen… I don’t know that I’m allowed [to talk about it]. There were, gosh, at least a half a dozen or more songs as part of the musical and the various characters in the show. We actually recorded them singing their songs, and that was about a week before we found out that the show was not happening.”

4 Likes
2 Likes

The trailer for WEIRD: The Al Yankovic Story has dropped:

3 Likes

have y’all seen Johans UHF tribute? it’s incredible:

12 Likes

How have I missed this!!!

1 Like

AHMAGAWD

2 Likes

Oh, wow.

Oh, WOW!