"Weird Al" Yankovic

Am I the only one who thinks DanRad’s voice doesn’t sound right? and I don’t mean his accent (which is competent I guess) but more the pitch and diction…

3 Likes

Knowing Al, I think that’s part of the joke. He looks close enough, but it’s clearly, ridiculously not Al.

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this movie to come out for almost an actual DECADE:

1 Like

I was just thinking about Weird Al’s Peter and the Wolf album he did in collaboration with Wendy Carlos. It’s almost totally unknown. It isn’t available on iTunes or Google Music. It isn’t included in his box sets. And it’s really, really funny. I had it on LP as a kid and nearly wore out the grooves.

Edit: The internet prevails! Peter and the Wolf - Wierd Al : Wierd Al : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

5 Likes

@FlyingSquid I’ve actually had this in my personal CD library since it was released! I was working in a bookstore at the time; it appeared on the microfiche list of new releases one week, so I ordered a copy.

And if you thought the video for “Eat It” was silly, have a look at the formerly lost “insurance” take…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Weird Al also did a version of Bohemian Rhapsody. And now I can’t take the song seriously, 'cause it sounds so silly! And of course: Weird Al’s always silly, and that’s what we love about him.

4 Likes

Evil Overlord List Violations:

1. I will not gloat over my enemies’ predicament before killing them.
  1. I will be secure in my superiority. Therefore, I will feel no need to prove it by leaving clues in the form of riddles or leaving my weaker enemies alive to show they pose no threat.
  1. Should I actually decide to kill the hero in an elaborate escape-proof deathtrap room (water filling up, sand pouring down, walls converging, etc.) I will not leave him alone five-to-ten minutes seconds prior to “imminent” death, but will instead (finding a vantage point or monitoring camera) stick around and enjoy watching my adversary’s demise.
1 Like

Got to love Plot Armor. It always ensures the bad guy doesn’t just pop a cap into your skull the second he has a chance. :slight_smile:

Weird Al has done a lot of fun voice over work over the years. Who can forget his performance as Wreck-Gar in the Transformers Animated series?

Doubly appropriate since he wrote “Dare To Be Stupid” for the original Transformers movie.

1 Like

Looks like there is now a Lego Star Wars Weird Al, and that is so many things I’m obsessed over I can’t even. If Lego knows what’s good for them, they will find some way to make his minifig available to me in exchange for way too much of my money.

1 Like

WHAAAAAT

The whole Lego X franchise is such a blast. Whoever thought that up deserves a nice edible bouquet.

2 Likes

“Scarif Beach Party”? How… Al!

I just noticed that Disney has worked in references to the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser. <sigh> Will Disney’s cross-promotional efforts never cease?

1 Like

I assume that’s a rhetorical question.

2 Likes

1 Like

Have you ever seen the “White and Nerdy” video where they did the whole song on a green screen with just Weird Al and Donny Osmond? No? You should!

4 Likes

Did anyone else own the Weird Al book? It was one of my holy grail finds when I found it in a used bookstore in the late 90s, as I was a young teenager and at my peak Weird Al fandom. It contains all sorts of photos and the lyrics to every song he wrote up to 1985. I apparently paid $4 for it, which is a steal considering how much it goes for now. I don’t know who Benjamater is, but his loss was my gain. I added the Weird Al as Yoda photo for fun.

6 Likes

I have looked at the evidence and I must concur with other esteemed members of this forum: WOW

1 Like