Weird Dreams of the Night

Dreams and me are weird. I usually remember what I dream each night.

Sometimes it’s a common dream. I’m at school again and can’t remember what class to go too, or I forgot my back pack/can’t find it. Other times, my car gets stolen. constantly :).

Sometimes I’m a guest actor in a movie or TV show, a nd go to a convention, and none of my cast mates remember me.

Last night was a really weird one. I was ‘awake’ but other people’s dreams where coming to life as ghostly images. Someone was dreaming that housewives from 50’s and 60’s sitcoms where doing their house cleaning with vacumes. Another person was dreaming about a team of Ninja Basketball players. a third person was dreaming about an opera, only this had action and sci fi stars in it like Spock and Arnold signing with roman head gear. very weird.

a few nights before, I dreamt I was at the jersey shore…but somehow could see NYC off in the distance. there, was the Stay Puft Marshmellow man, and we where so scared he would make his way here. he eventually somehow did, but before he could do any damage, he splattered himself, saving the town. go figure.

5 Likes

I have a recurring dream that I can’t find a public bathroom with doors on the stalls. Most of my dreams consist of me trying to convince someone who has wronged me that they did something bad, and them ignoring me. Or the ones where I’ve got a Master’s degree and I got sent back to highschool because it turns out I didn’t have one or two credits, and they are going to chain-revoke all of my diplomas if I don’t finish them. I once had a dream that ended with a chimpanzee trying to perform a transfusion of its green blood to save a dying man. Do I have to spell out that most of my dreams are nightmares?2

I find that most dreams translate into an expression of a particular anxiety… not always a specific cause, just the anxiety itself (fear of abandonment, fear of being taken advantage of, etc.). And it isn’t always obvious which anxiety is at fault. That model would likely apply to a lot of your dreams. But the dreaming-other-peoples’-dreams dream… that is lovely, and sounds more like your sleeping brain was being creative (and meta).

2 Likes

Last night I had a depressing dream that I let down my friend Buffy. (Yes, the vampire slayer.)

I was a friend of hers, and she was getting married. (I don’t know to whom.) I was supposed to make a scrapbook dedicated to her for the event. (IRL I’ve never made a scrapbook in my life, but I was the go-to guy for this apparently.)

I put together a bunch of interesting stuff for it, but I kept putting off actually doing it and eventually to my horror I found out that the day of the wedding had arrived and I hadn’t even started. I was frantically trying to get everything together to do it, but I just couldn’t find anything I needed or get my act together. Two hours before the wedding I took Willow aside (she was going to be the maid of honor, I guess) and told her there would be no scrapbook. She was concerned but not angry. I told her I was going to go away and never show my face again, because you can’t let somebody down like that and then just show up to their wedding. It was then that my alarm went off and I woke up.

It was surprisingly disturbing for such an objectively silly dream topic. I remember at one point saying to myself that none of this will matter because it’s only a dream… but then convincing myself that it wasn’t because Buffy is my friend, dammit.

1 Like

I’m not much of a dreamer, but I do remember today’s dream being about a director and a producer arguing over the handling of a show that I’m pretty sure only I remember watching (Russian Roulette if that rings any bells).

2 Likes

I dreamt somebody loved me and felt her arms around me. No hope or harm but another false alarm.

No crying in my dream, though.

Kill Me Eye Roll GIF

3 Likes

Oh, it’s always the same old thing: when I go to sleep without alcohol I have vivid dreams.

They’re all weird. I have written descriptions of some of them that are absolutely bizarre.

But, to me, the sign of a good night’s rest are vivid dreams.

Last night, it seemed, in dream-time, anyway, that I spent twelve hours fitting up a discarded computer to act as a router for a little home network. Not an impossible dream, but it was very detailed, especially the parts where I was instructed to just use a pre-fab Heathkit-style linux combo with TUI or some other guided installation.

It was an interrociter-type thing, IIRC days afterwards.

1 Like

I was in some college course in last night’s dream and I was flirting back and forth with her. Dream life is stranger than fiction. My dream got Britta’d!

gillian jacobs flirting GIF by CraveTV

1 Like

I once had a dream that a confused, disheveled Randy Quaid was chasing me through a Boscov’s because he thought he knew me. “HEY BUDDY…!”, he’d bellow. I wanted no part of Randy, because he’s a large fellow, so I attempted to evade him. But, in true horror movie fashion, every time I thought I lost him… “HEY BUDDY!!”

Another dream, I dreamed I was very good friends with Black Bolt of The Inhumans, and would talk to him on the phone a lot, because he’s a good listener. And yes, I realized during the dream how absolutely ridiculous this was, because, oh, wait, he doesn’t talk!

1 Like

Anybody else experiment with Lucid Dreaming? I had done it for a long time, with varying success. Then I tried it in Australia…it was the most interesting/ disturbing experience; I haven’t done it much since.

I should have realized; the aboriginal culture does not eff around when it comes to Dreamtime.

1 Like

I’ve never deliberately lucid dreamed, but I’ve had a few occasions when I realized I was dreaming and managed to delay waking up for a while.

On two occasions I experimented with the claim that you can’t read in dreams, with mixed results. The first time I seemed to be able to read perfectly well, but when I woke up couldn’t remember a word of what I’d read. The second time I deliberately concentrated on the words to see if I could read them, and although I could see them perfectly, I couldn’t make out what they said.

So… my conclusion is that you can’t read in dreams. Although I have been able to make out short things like book titles.

1 Like

“I dream I fly in color.”

3 Likes

I don’t know why, but it seems every other night there’s been a lucid dream.

Though last night, I encountered Pamela Anderson in a bar, and when I mentioned I saw her on TV, she got defensive, as if knowing I was referring to the “Pam and Tommy” miniseries.

Eventually she had to leave and I attempted a selfie, but just got a blurry one before she walked away.

1 Like

Last night, for the first time, I dreamed about Donald Trump. (Don’t worry, this isn’t political, just weird.)

I was out on a leafy suburban street smoking a cigarette… which was odd in itself, since I don’t smoke and never have. Down the street Donald Trump was with a group of people… some kind of campaign meet-and-greet. As I turned away, I heard him call me by my first name. He came up to me and asked me if I knew who the main character was in the TV series The Crown. I said I didn’t watch it, but I was pretty sure it was about Queen Elizabeth. He nodded, then gave me some kind of canned campaign-type statement, and then the dream ended.

3 Likes

That is weird.

I had a dream the other night where I was standing on a levy with someone (I didn’t recognize them) and we were watching very large UFO’s flying around.

One was shaped like a Mobius strip, and there was another “D” shaped one, and they were performing stunts.

We looked at each other and I said something to the effect of “Yep, that’s real.” The person nodded to me, and that’s when I woke up.

1 Like