Weird promotion message

Does anyone, really?

4 Likes

Did anyone else’s message say they were promoted to Kwisatz Haderach?

3 Likes

I somehow got promoted into the Premier League.

2 Likes

I gave up trying to have a life at least 20 years ago. It’s just too tiring to keep up on the payments.

3 Likes

Nah, I’m still just an Ersatz Haderach.

7 Likes

bow bowing GIF

3 Likes

I got the same pair of messages, and for a brief moment was very excited. It’d be nice if promotion messages indicated what your new promotion level is, to avoid confusion. I’m unclear whether Regular is a promoted “rank” vs. merely a quality applied to our existing position (since there’s a badge involved, I think it’s a separate thing – I can be User/Member/Leader, etc. and Regular gets applied on top of that).

I think @NotTVsFrank is right; the system “reset” just promoted everyone to whatever their current position was. I can’t find anywhere in the settings to see what my rank/promotion level is, does anyone know of a place to see this?

1 Like

The levels are at the bottom of the Badges list. Regular is about it—the next level above that (Leader) is Ivan territory.

3 Likes

It’d be fun to try and overthrow him, except for all the nap time I’d lose out on if I actually won.

4 Likes

We’re all on Double-Secret Probation.

Unless someone tapped the glass on the ant farm.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks y’all, I was trying to puzzle this out as well. I concur that it was most probably a system notification triggered by a backend change. It’s a good thing I wasn’t actually promoted to Leader, as I’d be about as effective as Rufus T. Firefly.

4 Likes

If only I could get a promotion at work…

4 Likes

I think that’s the one that keeps me out of the big time. I only look at the threads that interest me.

5 Likes

That’s probably going to lose me Regular status as well. There’s a slew of thread spamming in Off-Topic that doesn’t interest me at all, so I’ll likely drop below the required percentile.

7 Likes

This has indeed made things more difficult to stay on top of in the past few weeks.

3 Likes

I’m in the same situation. I read a lot of posts, but when things get really wild I can’t keep up. Hot dog sandwich status doesn’t make the cut, although I do keep current on the lounge.

3 Likes

I got it and sadly I’m still not an Evil Overlord. Well, I can dream…

8 Likes

Ah, okay, so I was wrong: Regular is one of the trust levels! Based on those badges at the bottom, it’s probably indeed safe to say we shouldn’t be expecting any more promotions after Regular. :wink:

5 Likes

Huh, I don’t seem to be Regular of any kind now. It was in my dropdown selector earlier today (I prefer Backer over Regular, though Bacular would be best).

So maybe I did get a Disco Demotion today. Back to Prog Rock for me!

6 Likes

Scott Bacular? :wink:

3 Likes