Welcome to the "Forum Feedback" Forum!

I’m sure this is just me missing something obvious: How does one acquire the Certified badge? I completed Licensed, but for the life of me I’m not sure what I’m not doing in regards to the other one.

3 Likes

Certified is for the basic tutorial. I think you can message @discobot and say: “start tutorial”

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

Yup, I’ve done that a few times but I’m messing it up somehow. Or Discobot hates me. Maybe both.

(Edit: original comment said s cr ew ing it up somehow, but that wasn’t allowed)

2 Likes

read through the message discobot sent you immediately after you joined. Bookmark it, I think, and the tutorial will start.

2 Likes

Weird. I’ve been through all of these steps but all I ever get is a repeat of the original discobot message. I’ll log out and back in and try again.

2 Likes

Aaaaaaaand … done. Not sure what the glitch was, but the whateverth time was the charm. Thanks for the help, Eric!

4 Likes

You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.

2 Likes

Read that :point_up: in a creepy Hal 9000 voice! :laughing: Ahhhh, creepy computers… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I knew something seemed familiar about HAL, but I guess I never looked closely enough.

14 Likes

@McCloud @MyWy

This is a beautifully simple compromise and I bet I (or more likely Ivan) can figure out a way to change that button. Thanks y’all!

6 Likes

Neato! How did I earn this nifty bull horn flair? Probably talking too much? :joy:

3 Likes

I was wondering why I had a megaphone and if you saw “street team”, that jives since I was on it. We were brainstormers and did some odd jobs for Lesley during the Kickstarter. Our musical number fell apart due to artistic differences…

5 Likes

Not sure if it’s a mobile issue or just me but in the tutorial it says “click … to bookmark this post”
I was looking for a … button but it comes under “Topic Controls” which was a mite confusing

2 Likes

Seconded.

“If you’d like to learn more, select below and bookmark this personal message . If you do, there may be a :gift: in your future!”

No dot-dot-dot to be seen, just the bookmark icon. Maybe the options condense under the ellipses sometimes, like on a mobile device.

3 Likes

There was definitely a “…” when I did the tutorial, but I haven’t seen it since then.

If necessary, you can try replying “skip” to the bot’s message to move forward. The bookmarking is the trigger for the tutorial to continue, so use that if you see it.

3 Likes

Ok, I forgot about that, but yes, that happened to me as well. Couldn’t find the 3 dots anywhere, I think I did like @EBK Eric suggested and either skipped to another page or manually saved it in bookmarks and moved on. Unfortunately, I can’t remember if I was using either my iPhone or iPad. Not sure if it matters, although there are using different iOS systems.

3 Likes

Discourse is essentially a flat thread, so the reply is kinda confusing. You’re basically adding a new comment to the end of the flat thread, but with a special link back to the item you’re replying to. It works, and it keeps things simple, but it’s not always easy to follow. That aspect takes a little practice.

6 Likes

Content filters sometimes see perfectly legit text as filth even when it isn’t. It’s tricky and even even when they try to be clever you end up with goofs like this.

2 Likes