Well, I'm glad THAT'S over

That’s purrrfect. Oh, to be retired and lounge around like a cat.

Happy retirement

10 Likes

Ahhh, so I suppose it’s too late to tempt you with one last big score before you get out of the game and go straight. There goes my heist movie, to say nothing of the sequel.

12 Likes

Haha. My boss did try to tempt me to work another month (on my last day, no less).

No, thanks. I’m done.

9 Likes

Congratulations! I envy you. I’ve got another 5 myself. Think of all the time you have to watch MST3K now.

7 Likes

And I have another… oh god, 20. I’m not going to make it.

5 Likes

I’m staring down another dime before I get there, and I can’t decide if I would rather be a decade older, or a decade younger.

5 Likes

My company sends me an annual pension plan statement, and that “retirement date” of 9/1/2041 (which is the first of the month after I turn 65) doesn’t seem anywhere near as far away now as it did just a couple years ago.

6 Likes

I will be shocked if my generation gets to “retire” in the traditional sense. I had my first retirement fund pretty much wiped out in the 2008 crash and I haven’t been able to contribute as much as I’d like to my current accounts.

Guess I’m just going to have to find Blackbeard’s Treasure!

10 Likes

I know the feeling, my 401k has tanked twice now, and I am not sure if I am even ahead of my own contributions any more. I did have too long of a gap between 401k benefits about 20 years ago, and rolled the previous one into a mutual fund that has managed to perform fairly well, but it was not huge to begin with, and isn’t going to put a dent in retirement.

About the only positive thing I can think about what will happen in 10 years is that I really enjoy Software Development. So, when my retirement savings are wiped out 5 more times before then, it won’t be that big of a deal that I have to keep working for another 10 years. The next 10 years after that will be the big decision point, as I will have to decide whether to keep working, or finally use my knowledge of programming to enact my evil plan of World Domination. That oughta teach 'em.

4 Likes

Congratulations! After 46 years I retired in March of 2020. Enjoying MST3K, Rifftrax and et. al.

4 Likes

I’m already working with the assumption that my retirement will either be a shallow grave or a high-octane “this ends here!” fight aboard some kind of high-tech astroplane with my nemesis.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Oh, god no! Anything but the purgatory that is the life of a Union Pacific Railroad retiree.

3 Likes

Congrats! I have about 20 more years before I can sit on the porch with a handkerchief on my head and swat at pixies all day.

8 Likes

Oh well. Maybe you can convince your partner to wear a burlap teddy tonight.

5 Likes

Congratulations!!! :tada:

3 Likes

Isn’t that the plot of Renegade and Shazam?

1 Like

Care to trade places? I just got back from work that suffered a severe case of Murphy’s Law.

1 Like

Been there. Done that.

2 Likes

I could have retired at the end of the last school year (I’m a school’s office manager), but I stayed because the Principal goes on and on about how she couldn’t survive without me. I would like to retire at the end of this school year, but I can’t bring myself to do it because of the feeling I’m doing something wrong and letting her down.

1 Like