We've Got Cookie Sign!

Hi All! I’ve been posting these in the live threads for each episode, but thought I should make a home for these elsewhere, and this felt like the right subforum.

I’m an amateur baker that likes a theme, so as a project, I’m figuring out a cookie or other small dessert for each of season 13’s new episodes. I’m using the content of the episodes as inspiration, so these’ll go live sometime after an episode’s premiere, but hopefully before the next full new episode shows up. Recipes will be over on my blog, and linked with each new cookie.

For Santo and the Treasure of Dracula, I tapped into the flavors of Mexican hot chocolate (and the spicy history of the movie’s “European” cut) to make some Chocolate-Chipotle Luchador Shortbread:

and for Robot Wars, the general cheesiness of the movie and the very 90s timeshare sketch made only one phrase come to mind: Savory Dunkaroos:

I’ve got some ideas cooking already for Beyond Atlantis, but I need to get my hands on some pearl sugar first…

Happy baking! Hope you enjoy!

12 Likes

I am ALL IN for an MST3K-themed cookie/dessert thread.

Solid work here!

6 Likes

Savory cookies make me sad but I applaud your choco-cookie.

4 Likes

Just in time for tonight’s episode, it’s the cookie for last episode: Cardamom Pearls!

I had a few different trains of thought I was trying to do with this one (all of the pearls in the movie made me think about pearl sugar, pearl sugar made me think of cardamom buns, and I also wanted to dig into any Filipinx cookies that might have been out there), then threw them all together in the blender on this. Enjoy!

11 Likes

I’m inspired to join you in this fun endeavor. Thanks for posting!

4 Likes

Cookies, you say?

Cookie Monster Eating GIF by Sesame Street

This is a really good idea. I’m kinda scared what you might come up with for tonight’s episode.

7 Likes

This is the first one I’ve really thought about pre-episode, and I’ve got an idea in my back pocket that I know will be tasty, but I want to see if there’s anything I don’t know about in the content of the episode that pulls me in a different direction, since that’s been really fulfilling with the episodes so far.

UPDATE: back pocket idea is go since I had a horrifying realization mid-movie about it that’s too good to resist.

10 Likes

A new recipe is here! For S13E4, I present Gotta Be Munchies!:

I’m trying to not come up with these on title alone, but for Munchie I had the idea of doing some kind of all-the-junk-foods kitchen-sink thing, So these blondies with chocolate, pretzels, potato chips, and stout came to mind.

And then midway through the movie I realized that because of the dark beer these would emerge from the oven the same color as ᴹᵘⁿᶜʰᶦᵉ’ˢ ᵗᵉʳʳᶦᵇˡᵉ ᶠˡᵉˢʰ.

His ₕᵢdₑₒᵤₛ ₜaᵤₚₑ ₑₓₜₑᵣᵢₒᵣ.

And then it was a done deal. These are dang tasty, if I do say so myself - the beer provides a nice malty base note that blends nicely with the blend of sweet and salty from the mix-ins, even if the bars are ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵃᵐᵉ ᶜᵒˡᵒʳ ᵃˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗᵉʳʳᶦᵇˡᵉ ᶠᵒᵃᵐ ʳᵘᵇᵇᵉʳ ᵇᵃʳᵉˡʸ ʳᵉᵐᵃᶦⁿᶦⁿᵍ ʷʳᵃᵖᵖᵉᵈ ᵃʳᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᶦᵗˢ ᵃⁿᶦᵐᵃᵗʳᵒⁿᶦᶜ ˢᵏᵉˡᵉᵗᵒⁿ.

Enjoy!

10 Likes

There’s really nothing wrong with that color. Not gonna’ let some silly puppet wreck it for me.

2 Likes

You only get a few chances to base a dessert on a title, right?

2 Likes

Are they baked in an locked abandoned chest?

2 Likes

These look super delicious actually.

1 Like

These look so tasty. And then… I read your post… :tired_face:

1 Like

It’s all about turning terrible movies into tasty treats. And this movie was particularly terrible, so these needed to be extra tasty…

3 Likes

Looking forward to finding out if it’s some bite-sized permutation of Devil’s Food Cake on deck for this Friday… or something more Alabama-adjacent. (Maybe with pecans…? Or is that more Georgian…?) :thinking:

3 Likes

The next edition will be for Doctor Mordrid, and I just need to finish getting it all written up, so expect that tonight or tomorrow morning.

I need to watch Demon Squad to figure out what I’m baking for Demon Squad.

2 Likes

Just in time for the premiere of Demon Squad, it’s what I’ve cooked up for Doctor Mordrid, Doctor M.'s Chocolate-Tahini Rubble

Just like Mordrid is starting from Doctor Strange but going in its own…Strange…direction, this took the idea of Brownie Brittle and mixed in my favorite thing to add to brownies, tahini. Enjoy!

8 Likes

Tahini brownies… Well, it’s definitely strange!

A very interesting recipe.
Do you think it would work with peanut butter? Or would it effect the crumble factor (industry term)

I think it would depend on your peanut butter - tahini has a much looser, liquid-y consistency. One of those all-natural types of PB you need to stir might work, but your standard issue PB might need a little bit of watering down since it’s thicker.