What actor or actress in a riffed movie had the best career after that role?

B movies tend to feature actors and actresses either on their way to stardom or on their way out. Ya know, like TV’s Murder, She Wrote did.

In your opinion, which actor or actress with a role in an MST3k-riffed movie hit the highest heights post-role?

I think Hollywood legend Clint Eastwood may be highest in this list. Surprisingly, Shawn Levy ( Jim from Zombie Nightmare) should make the list as he went on to become primary producer of Stranger Things and several A-list films.

Who do you think makes the list?

To make things interesting, let exclude those actors and actresses that were already famous by the time they were in that MST3K-riffed role.

11 Likes

Kathy Ireland was already a supermodel, but she’s definitely done better since then. She can buy and sell us now.

9 Likes

More Rifftrax, but the actor who played Tor in Terror at Tenkiller went on to be in some fairly prolific movies.

3 Likes

Great question! Eastwood and Levy are both excellent. Others that come to mind for me are Demi Moore, Michael Landon, Jack Elam, David Hasslehoff (it wouldn’t last), and Beau Bridges.

10 Likes

Robert Vaughn is another one.

6 Likes

Clint Eastwood.

5 Likes

And Sonny Chiba!

7 Likes

It’s a shame it was all downhill for the kid who played Genius.

7 Likes

True, very sad. But wasn’t he already a star at that time because of The Andy Griffith Show?

6 Likes

Yeah, I think Opie was a big enough deal that we can’t count him.

But you’ll never guess who the giant goose went on to be. The answer may surprise you.

6 Likes

Dinner.

7 Likes

Peter Graves! A TV legend big enough to not get typecast!

7 Likes

Crow and I would like to nominate Kim Cattrall

14 Likes

Inna Churikova

From Nastenka’s mean sister (a role that almost saw her quit the movies, after breaking down in tears after seeing it) to one of the most respected actors of stage and screen.

My favorite performances from her include…

The Debut (1970)
Vassa (1983)
The Year of the Dog (1994)

7 Likes

If only Gene Hackman was good in everything…

… OH, WAIT A MINUTE :smiley:

8 Likes

What about that guy from the Paper Chase?

5 Likes

This is the policewoman from Final Justice now:

5 Likes

The Paper Chase Guy?

[draws a blank]

Paper Chase Guy… Paper Chase Guy…

… nah, I’ve got nothin’, but I’m sure Megaweapon had some awesome stuff going for him!

7 Likes

The people responsible for The Christmas Dragon got themselves an internationally-aired CW show with The Outpost, two of the actors from the former getting series regular roles.

7 Likes

I’d be tempted to say James Best, but I think Killer Shrews might have been after his career-making roles on The Twilight Zone.

And I can’t really sanction the buffoonery of The Beverly Dukes of Hillbilly Hazzard, although his role there is no doubt his most famous.

For certain, Donald Pleasence and Roddy McDowall don’t count: they’d seen better days! Ditto Cameron Mitchell, who played an ace character in High Chapparal.

7 Likes