What are some of your favorite hobbies?

Curious at how diverse our hobbies are in here. What do you like to do in your downtime? Share a link, post some photos!

I play video games, much less than I did before. Probably 2-3 hours a week. Sometimes going months without doing it. I also enjoy board games, listening to music, and hiking/camping. Oh and I love to cook! I cook like 90% of the meals we have.

I also enjoy woodworking on the weekends. I am really new to it, and wood has been expensive. But I made my kids a swing set for this summer and a outdoor patio table.

Here is a picture of my swing set:

And here’s a picture of the patio side table:

21 Likes

I enjoy gardening, both vegetables and flowers. And I’ve recently taken up hand-printing linocuts.

21 Likes

Stained glass! On Instagram @syzygyglassworks
Full disclosure, I haven’t incorporated MST into any projects yet.

13 Likes

Reading and writing are lifelong passions of mine. Also an avid naturalist and photographer, with particular focus on wildflowers, insects, and birds.

I did ceramics, glasswork, and letterpress for a while, too.

9 Likes

I build guitar effect pedals. Sometimes I add a bit of humor to the design as a form of therapy, like these two I built during isolation last year:

16 Likes

I cross stitch and bedazzle stuff

6 Likes

This is fantastic!

2 Likes

Your photography is fantastic! I love hiking and camping too, love the great outdoors. Haven’t been able to do it as of yet.

2 Likes

Thanks kindly! Your woodwork is great as well. My brother does woodworking, his current thing is making “fence peekers” for folks. He’s had a successful run of Sasquatch and Grey Alien peekers lately.

10 Likes

I made this for fellow MSTie, Ron McAdams. The photo is a group of us at the premier of Season 11 in LA

9 Likes

What a fantastic gift!

2 Likes

I also really like board gaming (and my favorite game is Dice Throne).

5 Likes

I’m really into board games too. 2020 slowed my collection down…thankfully, but I have about 50+ games in my collection.

4 Likes

Thank you, I’ve made others for MSTies as well

3 Likes

This one I made for a fellow MSTie who wrote a radio play called “Do Rabbots Dream of Electric Sheep” it’s a mash up of Bladerunner and Watership down. It’s hysterical!

8 Likes

That’s fantastic! Seriously, super creative I love that!

2 Likes

Those prints rock!

2 Likes

That’s so awesome! I would be tempted to have a speaker setup that yelled out “your dad’s in trouble!!!”

4 Likes

I ferment fruits and vegetables. I also brew my own kombucha! Just starting to venture into vinegar-making now.

13 Likes

That’s awesome! I see you would survive if there were ever an apocalypse. Haha with all of our skills combined we would be well off.

4 Likes