What are some of your favorite hobbies?

As you can see, I’m a guitar player. I’ve been playing since 1993, about a year before I discovered MST3K! After teaching myself, I studied classical in college. I’ve played live professionally and recorded in studios, from the nice places to the dives. About two years ago, my anxiety got too bad to play live, so I’m currently playing to my wife and cats. Neither are encouraging anymore. It wasn’t until a year ago that we discovered that I’m autistic (or as once called Asperger Syndrome) a heavy thing to deal with in the middle of a lockdown, turning 45 AND manning the phones for two mental health facilities during said lockdown.

My other hobby? THIS! Being in Hillbilly Land USA, I only have my best friend Matt who lives close to me, but as a father of three, he stays pretty busy. So, I spend more time than I should on this forum, but I’ve really been enjoying talking to people more on my … I shouldn’t say intellectual level. I’ve enjoyed talking to people who don’t automatically talk about NASCAR or huntin’ (and not to be offensive, around here that’s all “men” talk about here).

I should add, I started a topic for fellow musicians in the Off Topic side of town (I spend a lot of time there, my brain tends to wander a lot).

Fellow Musicians!```

6 Likes