What are we calling March 4th and what are our traditions?

Space: 1999 has, par ex, Breakaway Day on Sept 13th. Other fandoms enjoy or celebrate dates related to their media… premier/release dates, in-universe dates of significance, creator birthdays etc etc.

So what are we getting up to every March 4th, and what do we call it?
Launch Day? Gizmonica? MSTie Moonday? One Giant Leapday? High tension Ascension Ostension Convention?

Do we drink an extra Killer Shrew every year, push the most-holey button named Frank, watch 2001 and utter Oh poopie at inappropriate moments, make logo moons out of jell-o molds and spray cheese, sacrifice 2 bananas for bread, mad mustache party, Raisin Snail rolling on the village green, we need some ideas here.

Jumpsuits optional? Other traditional dress?

17 Likes

Next Friday A.D.?

38 Likes

March the 4th be with you.
darth vader episode 6 GIF

12 Likes

I say we call it, “Irving.” If it’s good enough for a magic sword, it ought to be good enough for MST3K.

18 Likes

We’ve Got Season 13 Sign!

11 Likes

Idesette.

6 Likes

Independence From Ungrateful Streamers/Networks Day, of course.

15 Likes

for me i’m sure it will involve eating a big bowl of popcorn topped with old bay and frank’s hot sauce. i HIGHLY recommend this combination

7 Likes

“Gizmonica” is great, I could get onboard with that. Festivus has the pole, what should we have? Mile-high ice sculptures? Maybe leave a plate of RAM chips and Wassail out overnight?

11 Likes

Holiday of Love

10 Likes

Frank’s hot sauce? Is it… bold?

12 Likes

I mentioned in another thread that I’ve got a bottle of Asti chilling in the fridge for the debut.

Going to enjoy some bubbly with my MST3K

As for what to call the day of the launch? Experiment Day!

6 Likes

Wait, fandoms have their own holidays?! Does this mean Futurama fans have been celebrating Freedom Day with naked hot tubbing this whole time and I didn’t know? Well that’s just great.

16 Likes

They haven’t told you because after they spawn, they die.

6 Likes

3/4 Shut the Door Sequence Day

5 Likes

I do like this one, it sounds like a holiday they would have in a cheesy SciFi flick.

One of our traditions should be eating Hamdingers. I am sure we all have a case of them stored away somewhere, sorry, but other potted meat products just won’t do. And of course, I plan to engage in excessive button pushing every March 4th. I always have several old PC keyboards on hand for just such an occasion.

5 Likes

I shall march forth, in my tour swag, waving my freak flag high, singing the praises of pants, and digging in to a tin of hamdingers. Mostly.

9 Likes

Gizmoplex Anniversary Day. The general show era has an April anniversary

2 Likes

Gizmependence Day
Gizmo de Mayonaise
The 4th Of Jumarch

8 Likes

What do we eat? Waffles and Pizza Rolls of course!

5 Likes