What are you cooking?

I’m heading over! When’s dinner?? :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Too late!

2 Likes

I knew i shouldn’t have taken that left at Albuquerque! Dagnabit!

2 Likes

Mangalore toasted coconut chicken curry, served with a garlic & coriander naan.

5 Likes

Elk meatballs for my Lions Club’s sportsmans dinner next Saturday.

5 Likes

Not me, but…

My nephew shared this, and my sister & BIL just tried it.

For some reason I can’t upload the pics of their results, but picture brown shells, with tan eggs inside.

Verdict - “good, but not real smoky”

Personally, I’d rather take a whippin’ than eat an egg, so there’s that.

Edit to correct spelling

3 Likes

Got a pot of vegetarian baked beans going at last. I might have overcooked the navies a hair, so I’ll be vehement about checking the slow cooker at the minimum suggested cooking time. Hopefully they won’t go to mush since it’s a double recipe. :crossed_fingers:

Have veggie dogs and whole wheat buns awaiting this hopeful great event. I also added a bit of that still-with-us-chipotle paste, to see if we like that.

3 Likes

One hundred gallons of marinara.

9 Likes

As someone who almost always cooks just for himself, mass preparation and cooking like that always awe me a bit. Big restaurants are pretty impressive, but have you ever seen them cooking up free food in the kitchen of a Sikh Gurdwara?

7 Likes

I know, right? I just put a double batch of Guinness beef stew in the crock pot and that felt huge to me.

5 Likes

Stews, chillis, casseroles, curries etc. tend to have better flavour when part 2 is cooled, chilled and resurrected a couple of days later. So you can always make double quantities of those dishes.

3 Likes

This stew is explicitly destined for the fridge/freezer - my newest nephew will arrive via scheduled C-section on Monday and I’m stocking up their kitchen!

ETA - Also, chef’s privilege:

7 Likes

Butter chicken meatballs. Served with rice and naan, of course.

7 Likes

I would love to know what butter chicken meatballs are!

Is that a curry sauce? :eyes:

3 Likes

Butter chicken is amazeballs.

I usually make tikka masala with chunks of chicken breast, but I’m intrigued by the chicken meatballs idea and want to try it now. :yum:

3 Likes

@Armetus and @Aquarius, here’s the recipe I used. Super easy and quick!

4 Likes

Thanks ladies! Gonna need to procure a couple new spices!!

3 Likes

Good thing you have such a great rack! :wink:

5 Likes

BTW, I recommend that blog with the recipe I posted for many, many tasty ideas.

2 Likes

I DO have an impressive rack.

5 Likes