What are you cooking?

There’s nothing wrong with lots of gravy!
My usual move is to make a stock with turkey giblets and necks (I get extra from the butcher) in my pressure cooker and then use that to make the gravy. So even if you don’t get any drippings from the bird, you’ve got lots of turkey flavor from the stock.

3 Likes

It was turkey wings in my case, but otherwise we’re like

5 Likes

Yup, giblets for a start! Then drippings, then GRAVY :heart: :drooling_face:

5 Likes

2 half pies…lol

5 Likes

I’m working on duck for tomorrow.
This is a fresh local duck getting a nice rub of salt, orange zest, garlic, 5 spice, white pepper and coriander seeds.
Then left uncovered in the fridge overnight.
I’m very excited that I’ll be getting a nice supply of duck fat as well.

8 Likes

Blueberry muffins for breakfast today.

8 Likes

Ooooo! I’ve never had duck…can I come over?? :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Are those chocolate chunks???

2 Likes

Pecan streusel out of the freezer…

3 Likes

Well damn…that looks awesome!

4 Likes

I was looking over my pie recipe and checking to make sure I really had everything I needed to make my pie and I suddenly realized that I don’t own a pie plate! Uh… I looked through my baking supplies and I have a springform pan and rectangular cake pans, but no pie plate. Now, if I were making this pie just for myself, I would have tried out one of the things I had on hand and not worried about it, but this is for other people to consume. So I ran over to Walmart and spent 15 minutes in their baking aisle looking for a pie tin. It wasn’t even that they were sold out. I just couldn’t find where they were supposed to be stocked. Finally, I found a disposable foil pie tin, but I didn’t really want that. So I looked through the aisle one more time and, lo and behold, there were the pie plates, pushed all the way back to the wall. :stuck_out_tongue: But I got it and now I’m ready to make a pie tomorrow and take it to dinner.

3 Likes

My old pyrex pie plate gets used for making french toast about 100 times more often than being used for pies…

I guess I shouldn’t exaggerate so much, figure 35 years I’ve made french toast once or twice a month, and have probably only made 10 to 15 pies in that span. So more like 50 or 60 times more.

6 Likes

Cheesecake.

6 Likes

Waddle on over. Bring a side dish!

2 Likes

I bring a vat o’ stuffing…enough for the 101 Airborne Division!

3 Likes

Today I made cinnamon swirl buttermilk pancakes. Sweet but not too sweet.

9 Likes

I’m going to make waffles.

6 Likes

That’s ambitious!

4 Likes

Well, it’s just me. So I’m not having to make a lot of them. And the extras I can freeze and eat later. Yum! Now, I won’t eat anything else until dinner. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, now I want waffles! :yum:

5 Likes