What are you listening to right now?

1 Like

Another album I didn’t know existed. (Or is about to exist.)

That song dropped today.

Always did like this much better than “Wicked Game.” Too bad I rarely return to it, because it’s yoked forever to the memory of one of THE biggest jerkfaces who ever crossed my path. And I knew some real contenders for the crown at that point in time, lemme’ tell ya’… But apparently today I’m in the mood to self-flagellate, so whatever. :person_shrugging:

Yeah, SOMETHING sure faded away, but alas it was not my memory of the Duke Of Jerkfaces. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That isn’t one that I was very familiar with, but I also like it much better than “Wicked Game”. Come to think of it, I like most of his songs better than “Wicked Game”, though I don’t dislike that one.

1 Like

It IS like that sometimes. The most commercially successful/accessible stuff isn’t always the most interesting.

This magnificent 8-hour mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzQhvye9Gkg&t=16611s

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve been going through the classics of 60s psychedelia and this soundtrack came up in a list of those types… while I have many of the songs on the Rhino boxset, and have seen the movie, I’ve never actually listened to the LP, proper.

It might be their freakiest work - a mix of songs with sound collages (think Revolution 9). I’m enjoying it.

3 Likes

I recently bought the 6 LP box set James Last – Last The Whole Night Through and started playing it while I’m working from home. Musak-y

Came up randomly on a playlist. I don’t think I realized what great singers En Vogue were back in the day.

3 Likes

1 Like