What are you listening to right now?

It’s a time machine. It brings me back to around the time that I tracked down MST3K by way of the Mystery Science Theater Hour on syndicated TV and played the hell out of those VHS tapes (as well as that first round of Rhino tapes).

7 Likes

plays air bass

This band were from Leeds, the nearest big city to where I grew up. Literally couldn’t get arrested here, but we’re big in America for a moment which is the exact opposite of how it usually goes, which is notable.

There was a period of time in the late 90’s where there were multiple reports of the singer popping up at various bars and pubs around the city with Liv Tyler. I never saw this, but friends claim to have. I still think it was a mass delusion, although I think they were an item for a time.

1 Like

He didn’t mean to turn Servo and Mike on.

3 Likes

Had this CD for years, but just now getting around to listening to it.

muse

(It’s Black Holes & Revelations by Muse… if I had a Hipgnosis album cover I probably wouldn’t be able to bring myself to put any text on it, either.)

The album shreds quite a bit. Need to look up more by these lads.

3 Likes

(Anybody else lose the tag after their username? Apparently I’m not only not a Regular anymore, I’m not even a Backer.)

1 Like

I’m guessing you’d have to turn Backer back on if Discourse has de-Regulared you. The requirements to keep it can be pretty steep in terms of how many threads you have to read, etc.—details here:

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Even Michael J Nelson would say it’s the one good thing from the POS sequel. :laughing:

1 Like

I’m a sucker for the Wings and I just found out about this project. A really fun listen for me

2 Likes
2 Likes

Pretty much everyday I wake up with a song playing on loop in my head. This morning, THIS is the song that’s on a loop.

3 Likes

Oh, cool, brain was like “Hey, NOFX is basically the same thing, right?” so here I am, listening to NOFX and happy as a lil’ clam.

1 Like

This is my usual Dropkick Murphys earworm:

1 Like

There’s just something consistently awesome AF about bagpipes, IDK.

3 Likes
2 Likes