What are you listening to right now?

One of their most underrated deep cuts.

4 Likes

I’m so old, this was played at my Jr High dances!

2 Likes

I remember 7th grade dance playing Please Forgive Me by this Allmusic suing crybaby.

Happy Black And White GIF by Bryan Adams

2 Likes

My first concert was for the “Signals” tour; Neil Peart was just incredible…he will be missed.

1 Like

Space Station Soma at somafm.com

1 Like

Buffy St. Marie’s I’m Gonna’ Be A Country Girl Again.

An absolute treasure. :heart_eyes: :+1: Cost me all of one dollar. I’d better see if I can find some newer tracks to download for real money. It’s the least I can do. I remember finding her so wonderful when she’d appear on Sesame Street in my childhood. I should’ve checked in much more frequently since then.

2 Likes

Signals was the album that got me into Rush in high school. One of those rare albums where I love every track.

I saw them on the Power Windows tour in college.

4 Likes

2 Likes

On a powerful 80s kick at the moment.

4 Likes

Speaking of TWO hit wonders in regards to that song from Hot Pursuit with John Cusack. Yes, Friends wasn’t the first one.

4 Likes

Got into them in Summer 2008. I even saw Alex and Geddy get their Hollywood star with Billy Corgan speaking.

1 Like

Today’s album spins

2 Likes

One from that seemingly endless supply of cover albums from Cleopatra. The opening track freakin’ slaps.

1 Like

I love the subtlety of this album cover.

4 Likes
1 Like

Siri, play me cassette recorded songs off radio that soundtracked my junior high and early high school years.

4 Likes

I’m getting better! It’s not about playing better for me, just putting the fretboard into relationship with basic ideas, like a relationship to the tonic key.

And sight-reading charts, including specific chord voicings, without having to think about “well, I could use the D string, so I’ll go a bit…Eb…E…F OK!”

2 Likes

Just found this one: yeah, this is a well-known performance by Bud and transcriptions abound of this particular performance, some of them accurate, but I was gratified that RB gave propers to Bud.

So many more tunes of Bud that merit discussion. Of course he’s playing on “Anthropology,” here, obviously, but a tremendous improviser and innovator.

Bud’s compositions and head arrangements are worth much more than a look.

1 Like
5 Likes

Um, myself

From the unfinished Delirium CD

I seem to like borrowing lines or titles from MSTed movies. This is not about giant grasshoppers, but a dying relationship (it was originally a 40 second bridge song between the happy tracks and the sadder ones - once we got to recording it, reworking it, it became a near 3 min tune)

About a woman I met on the inside. I recorded everything except the bass, ran out of money and never got back to the studio to do the bass. (this was also the first time I used a slide… Wade the engineer said, Um, your supposed to tune your guitar to the songs primary key with those… I had no clue, but it sounded fine, so we stuck with it)

3 Likes