What are you listening to right now?

Perhaps shades of “California Lady,” but much, much better. I daresay I like this tune.

5 Likes

Just saw Men I Trust in Portland, discovered them during lockdown and was happy to see them live. Put on a great show if you’re into that kind of indie rock/pop.

1 Like

Two acoustic guitars. All you need. (Yeah, I know the bass, drum and keyboard kick in later, but I maintain…)

1 Like

Dermot Kennedy’s sophmore album Sonder came out this week. It’s a bit more uptempo than his first album, but the awesome lyricism is still there.

Currently listening to the new single “Kiss Me”!

1 Like
2 Likes
5 Likes

With this, for me, the official Christmas music season begins –

3 Likes

Pedro stole my car! Believe me!

Not to take away from the great Santani but the whole latin vibe is 100% on Gregg Rolie on the Hammond organ.

That was Rolie’s idea, to work that montuno.

1 Like

As someone who got to see “Santana @ Sunset” for years, then had him up and disappear with no explanation or anything, just stopped playing our town; it was when he broke in the 90’s…his new stuff is un-listenable to me. Here’s two other songs I heard today.

1 Like

Rammstein rockin’ out

2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Happy 82nd Birthday to Mr. Chuck Mangione!

Did you know there are lyrics to “Feels So Good”? If you can put the hit version out of your mind, it’s really a beautiful ballad. The singer is the guitarist, Don Potter.

3 Likes

RIP

5 Likes

Spotify’s end of the year thing is pretty neat.

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

RIP Christine.

3 Likes

And not only is it his world, today it’s also his birthday!

Rather than one of his big hits, I’m listening to this gorgeous ballad. The end of this song, from “the key’s in the mail box” on, is just an incredible display of vocal control.

2 Likes