What are you listening to right now?

Is it good???

3 Likes

I’m listening to the album Mountain Moods by George Mauer. It’s a piano solo album, kind of in the vein George Winston…which I was listening to earlier.

3 Likes

This weekend’s plays

4 Likes

I’m listening to these 3 songs from the South Korean drama: Spring Waltz.

First is Clementine,

Next is Song of Island,

And lastly, is this song that was only in the Japanese release of the album: Beautiful Secret.

On the side note, I posted all 3 music in the wrong thread. Sorry about that.

4 Likes

lol absolutely no worries!

Your welcome to post in my thread any time, I won’t take offense :wink:

(sorry I accidentally double posted some how)

3 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes

I mean, I think it’s good. Generally they still have their old sound, which is what I was hoping for. There are a couple tracks that are definitely experimenting with some more modern styles that were, ah, not it for me :joy: But overall I like it a lot

4 Likes

Some album where a drummer’s presence became more apparent.
american psycho smiling GIF by hoppip

2 Likes

It feels like there ought to be more to this song, but the part you remember from it is all there is:

2 Likes

Best 10 plus minute song from a non prog band.

3 Likes

For me that would be either “Marquee Moon” by Television or “The End” by The Doors. But this is a good one.

4 Likes

I was streaming some Old Time Radio comedy in the car. I like “Fibber McGee and Molly” and “The Jack Benny Program.” I get solid yucks out of those two series.

3 Likes

I got the piano music for this song and so I’ve been listening to it fairly frequently lately so I can get the rhythms right.

3 Likes

When the Music’s Over is awesome as well.

Some song that references another song that is the home of some TV show we all know and love. Does for rock history what some Billy Joel song did for history in general. Got any one armed drummer jokes ready?

2 Likes

As I was listening to 80s music this afternoon (not literally right now but extremely recently), I suddenly realized that a lot of the artists from the 80s that I really enjoy are British. I had no idea I was so affected by the 2nd British Invasion.

I was listening to Genesis, The Police, Duran Duran, Howard Jones, Peter Gabriel, Eurythmics, Go West, Tears for Fears, Steve Winwood, Billy Idol, T’Pau.

Some of these I knew were British, but wow, I listened to a lot more British music than I ever knew.

7 Likes

Hmmm… consulting my playlist for my Ultimate Eighties Compilation, I count 160 British or part-British acts among the 360 total songs. So I’m right there with you.

https://www.aeolia.net/80smusic.html

3 Likes

That’s an amazing compilation. But yeah, way more than I thought.

2 Likes

Oh, OK, fine … I’ll put on some Level 42 later.

1 Like

What has nine arms and sucks?

Def Leppard

1 Like