christopher walken GIF

1 Like

Since I brought them up in another thread:

(Ah, local Nineties. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes
2 Likes

Currently listening to Enter the Haggis :grin:

1 Like

Hate to be corny, but jeez the decades just fall away from me whenever I play this. I always want to cry, but not in a bad way.

[sigh] Fred Hersch. Wanna’ buy him a beer (or orange juice or outboard motor or novelty socks or whatever he wants). He’s SO good!! :rainbow_flag:

(And this glorious disc also has James Newton on it. One of my favorite flutists of all time, though not on this track. He’s not the TV-Movie composer, though. That’s a different guy.)

2 Likes

Zbigniew Seifert, playing his heart out in what might’ve been his last project before his untimely passing at age 32. :cry: He used to say that he wanted to do for violin what Coltrane did for the horn. I like to imagine J.C. giving him an approving nod and an invite to jam as he reached the afterlife. :love_letter:

(Folks, this gorgeous LP cost me all of 49 cents. This is why you never pass the discount bins at the record store, unless your back and/or knees balk. Even then you might want to at least take a cursory flip-through. Because you never know.)

4 Likes

I spend as many hours with my nose in discount bins as circumstances will permit.

2 Likes

I’d be pawing through one right now if not for the whole, “There’s not a square-inch of space left in this house for stuff” issue.

2 Likes

I don’t let that stop me.

Pro tip: As long as you put the stuff in neatly stacked and squared piles, it doesn’t look nearly as bad.

3 Likes

One word. Well, acronym, really: TARDIS.

1 Like

download (2)

1 Like

Let’s pretend the work week is already over, shall we?

Nothing wrong with this song except the piano should’ve dominated instead of being a frill. But WHAT a frill! :smiley:

2 Likes

Heart and Soul by T’Pau

4 Likes

SiriusXM 80s on 8 Big 40 Countdown (4/5/86) and it’s this song at number 30.

3 Likes

Some bubblegum glam

Heart Throb Mob - Freaked Out

1 Like

Since I mentioned 1963’s The Cool World soundtrack on another thread, here’s Diz giving it his all. (I own this on vinyl, on a double-bill with some work he did with Lalo Schifrin.)

2 Likes

Since the board also made me think about this yesterday:

1 Like

Oh, hi honey!

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes