What are you listening to right now?

My favorite Autechre track, and one of my favorite ambient tracks…

1 Like

As many of you know, I’ve been having kind of a crap couple of weeks, so discovering that Calexico has released a deluxe remastered 20th anniversary edition of Feast of Wire was very much appreciated in the W column.

2 Likes

I really LOVED this song in 4th grade and it still slaps. RIP Marie.

1 Like

I just got a big batch of used records, and am listening first to this big band collection:

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

And now some apocalyptic 1950s…

1 Like
2 Likes

My favorite Squeeze song, although Rose I Said is way up there. Great video too.

1 Like

RIP Cynthia Weil

2 Likes

Since so many of you got a kick out of last Friday’s playlist, I put in another “One of these things is not like the others” for today’s.

1 Like

WARNING – This song could be considered NSFW, if you don’t like getting all teary eyed and snifflly at work.

I keep hoping that even after he retired from touring and recording commercially, that Bill Withers continued to write and record new songs in his private studio and that one day these recordings will be dusted off and made available to the public. This sorry world sure needs more Bill Withers and they don’t make 'em like Bill Withers no more.

3 Likes
1 Like

Alice Cooper’s coming out as a Christian album, and one of his best.

This song was co-written with Chris Cornell, who sang the part of the devil.

Edit: I had a moment of déjà vu - so I took a look and yup, I posted another song from this CD in April - so it’s been one I’ve been coming back to.

1 Like

Written for Tina Turner to perform but Whitesnake made it their own.

1 Like

The plays while mowing the lawn the last two days. In case you’re wondering, that is the new Metallica album followed by just putting the iPod on shuffle.

1 Like

Live_at_last_Album_art

Another vinyl album I used to own that I’ve re-acquired a used copy of.

“How many of you were hoping we’d do the whole show in the bed?”
(cheers)
“I don’t do shows in bed no more, I’m an artiste.”

2 Likes

This album is 20 years old today.

1 Like