What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

Oh darn, you found me out… Good thing I was using all the driver assist features.

I’m sure it would be easy to cook it out in Lancaster, the smell of manure was a bit overpowering for 5 or 10 miles near Gap, PA, no one would be able to tell if your crappy RV was belching toxic fumes out in Amish farm country.

2 Likes

I know that place.

IIRC the public library had fumes coming out of it. “Lock your car in Lancaster!” I think was the motto at the time. I just kid…never saw a buggy though, on the streets. Lots of signage. Good beer available from a good brewery, and a beautiful outdoor shooting range,

What am I “smiling” about?

Eh, hell, what do I know? Probably gas pains. I am getting excited about going into consumer debt to buy a musical instrument, though.

Super Bowl 2024 ad for Mountain Dew Baja Blast.

Self-described “America’s Sweetheart”, Aubrey Plaza, “having a blast” in various situations.

Best moments (IMO): what she says mid-UFO-abduction :rofl:, and perhaps for Parks and Rec fans, another cast member in another situation.

3 Likes

I think this may be the highest number of different colors I’ve ever gotten one of each of on the unread page!

Unrelated smile: Yesterday I found out nail polish is way cheaper than I thought it was; my nails are gonna look almost like this page does with every one a different color!

4 Likes

Who is Aubrey Plaza?

2 Likes
3 Likes

Weird that the top of that ‘known for’ list isn’t Parks and Recreation considering it was a huge hit and she was on it for all seven years it was on.

Plus three seasons of Legion.

I haven’t even heard of the films listed there.

6 Likes

Thanks, I’ve never seen P&R, nor heard of any of the other stuff.

2 Likes

Since Amazon got more involved in running IMDB it’s less of a database and more into pushing current or recent stuff.

3 Likes

I highly recommend both Parks and Recreation and Legion.

The former is honestly one of the best sitcoms in TV history and the latter is one of the most interesting experimental shows in TV history.

4 Likes

I didn’t know that. That blows.

2 Likes

At this point you’re better off looking up movies on Wikipedia. You need a subscription of some sort to see full movie details now at IMDB. The Enshitification of good things continues.

6 Likes

I have been able to see the full details without a subscription so far. But it took me a while to figure out how. It’s definitely not obvious.

2 Likes

Yeah, you have to do some extra clicking but I can find everything still.

2 Likes

Also, even if you never watch another second of Parks & Rec, watch the uncut version of Patton Oswalt’s amazing and pretty much entirely improvised (they gave him a prompt on what to say) speech to the Pawnee City Council. You don’t need to know anything about the show. It’s just Patton at his best.

I forgot that he accidentally predicted a few things that Disney did.

7 Likes

Now that is an impressive ramble!

3 Likes

I wonder how much of it he already had in his head. I could totally see Patton dreaming something like that up in his spare time.

2 Likes

Ohhhhh! You mean Janet Snakehole.

e80745008ef7503d1a14e42316b39126

6 Likes

Hahaha!

6 Likes

Yeah, I know (and love) Plaza from Legion, so weird list – I’ve heard of Emily the Criminal I think, but not the other two.

2 Likes