What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

Got my new router all set up. It’s a little bigger than I thought it would be, but it seems to be working fine.

3 Likes

I’m seeing a resemblance …

3 Likes

Those new Dortmunders are pretty slick.

3 Likes

That was the best non-human-written listicle review of fast food breakfast items I have ever seen.

Only about the best person who ever lived and conquered Spain and probably other stuff.

2 Likes

So, this evening, someone who I shared some homemade Patzki with said “best ever!” And asked for more.

I mean, my constant nagging imposter syndrome tells me that they were just being nice … but it was still cool to hear.

8 Likes

Busy lil me…

Adjustments to pacemaker and the new heart pills seem to be doing the job, still going to have a CT scan to check the wee arteries, make sure the pipes are clear, but aside from some minor dizzy spells, I’m full of vim and vigor! (and maybe even some piss and vinegar)

I’m barreling towards semi-retirement - I’m set up with a 2-day work week, just to help keep my head above water - getting everything figured out tax-wise (that stuff confuses the hell out of me, so I’m being extra careful with it) but I think that’s set, spent hours working on the income estimates and such and called Soc Sec offices to update my status - and the HUD paperwork is finished and ready to drop off.

I’m spinning a lot of plates, but it feels good to see it all starting to come together.

10 Likes

Joel spinning plates in Gamera Vs. Gaos.gif

3 Likes

I used to have this book, but got rid of it during one of my purges, so OF COURSE I wanted it again, this time for a series watch through.

Managed to track down a copy and it arrived today!

4 Likes

That’s why I never do purges. And why I am in constant danger from falling book stacks.

5 Likes

If I had the room, I would have far more books and shelves…as it stands, I have seven bookshelves in my bedroom alone. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

5 Likes

Why did they misspell it?

The same guy wrote nitpicker’s guides for Star Trek shows. I think I had the TOS and TNG books.

2 Likes

X-Philes = people who love the X-Files.

5 Likes

See Andrew above.

Yep, I have those books too…mad respect to Phil for doing this in the age of VCRs, man. That took dedication.

1 Like

I gain a frankly unreasonable amount of joy from pretty colors being in nice orders. I think this is the prettiest set of colors I’ve seen yet. That red messes up the color scheme I guess :person_shrugging: I should read memes first more often.

4 Likes

I have 25 books about the X Files, but not that.

1 Like

Mittens is over here going “Wow, the color pattern is pretty” while the rest of us are all “I will read these, and then the world will continue on its path, spinning towards pointless oblivion through a sea of ennui. And now my coffee is cold.”

9 Likes

My coffee is cold too, but the excellent thing about coffee is that it is also good cold. Another thing to smile about! :smiley:

3 Likes

I will admit that, when I look at that, I can’t help but think, “No! Red should be on the bottom as the lowest energy and violet should be at the top as the highest energy and green should be in the middle!” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Some of us are like "colors? What colors? Who cares about these colors?

3 Likes