What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

It’s the reverse of “you never have it when you need it” phenomenon. Once you have it, you don’t need it.

5 Likes

And in this case it’s, “you don’t need it because they cap wine bottles with some new thing you’ve never seen before and they don’t make it clear when you buy it.”

2 Likes

BTW- can you get me your mom’s FB info? I want to see this whole saga from her viewpoint. I did a search for “Flying squid’s mom” but didn’t get any hits. :rofl:

7 Likes

It would not do you any good. She hasn’t posted anything on her feed this entire time.

In fact, the only thing I saw her post was her telling me she was proud of me for the way I handled finally getting things going for me at Mayo. While she was in the bedroom and I was in the living room.

She did not say it to my face.

Sigh.

But this is supposed to be the happy thread, so let’s not turn this into a gripe thread.

4 Likes

You mean like this? Because they’re as common as dirt.

2 Likes

This is the first time I’ve ever seen it. I admit I’m not a huge wine drinker, but I’ve drunk enough…

On a wine bottle, no, I’ve never seen one. Now, bourbon bottles, onthe other hand…

3 Likes

I pretty much only drink wine. Maybe a few glasses a month.

Although on this trip…

3 Likes

Port is like champagne. Only the stuff bottled in the Duoro Valley can be called “port.” There’s a fancy stamp and everything. Do not buy port if it doesn’t have a cork (or comes from Costco). Also, tawny port is “fancier” port because it’s been aged differently and blended with other aged batches. I don’t drink port if it’s less than a 10-year tawny.
(Salut, Your Resident Uncertified Port Snob :face_with_monocle:)

5 Likes

Meh. I’m fine with the cheap stuff most of the time. Sure the nicer stuff tastes better, but cheap port from Kroger is fine for me.

1 Like

Too many port tastings have ruined me for the cheap stuff. :money_mouth_face:

On that note, I’m off to throw a bottle in the fridge because now I too want port.

4 Likes

… I had a white russian after dinner. I’m not sure how that compares to you fancy port drinkers.

3 Likes

In my mind, white russian drinkers do so wearing bathrobes. I drink my port while wearing Downton Abbey-esque finery. (You’ll have to take my word for it.)

3 Likes

I’m murdering another cup of coffee because it’s best for everyone.

3 Likes

Tawny ports are amazing, and my favorite.

If you want to try something really good, look for tokaji. Specifically Royal tokaji. It’s Hungarian and divine.

1 Like

3 Likes

I just got a call from the Mayo patient advocate. They will not be charging me for the GI visit and they will be reimbursing us for some of the AirBnB cost. I appreciate them making things right.

16 Likes

Awesome!!

6 Likes

Bravo for holding them to account!

6 Likes

I really didn’t expect what they decided to offer. I thought at most I’d get a personal apology from that doctor. I don’t want one either. I hope I never have to speak to him again.

8 Likes