What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

Edit to add - order placed.

Edit to add - Except it wasn’t an edit, it was an accidental new post.

Either way, I should have it in a week or so. A little hesitant ordering from China, but, hey, YOLO!

Happy birthday to me!

6 Likes

Awesome. The only problem I had was that my package was lost in the CNE Express East China Sort Facility for a week, but that’s not Stonefacer’s fault. Ship date 5/25, arrived today.

3 Likes

I’m in the waiting room at a dentist’s office while my daughter gets a checkup. They have a Keurig here with a wide selection of flavored coffee pods. One was coconut. I’m not a huge coffee fan, but it was amazing.

6 Likes

Guess who is done with chemo and got to ring the mothercrabbing bell today? ME!!!

26 Likes

I am so happy for you!

7 Likes

Don’t just ring that bell, ring the hell out of it!

Great news!

9 Likes

WOOHOO!!! :tada: :partying_face: :birthday: :tumbler_glass: :beers:

Congrats!!

8 Likes

Congratulations! Now I’m smiling for your great news! :grin::grin::grin:

8 Likes

Force choke that bell.

11 Likes

Congratulations! So very pleased to see this! :smiley:

7 Likes

Fantastic news, @Vader! Kick ass! I’m so happy for you.

7 Likes

Congrats!

7 Likes

Wooo! Congratulations @Vader! We should celebrate this Friday, maybe with some space ninjas!

6 Likes

That’s beyond Thunderdome Atlantis awesome! :partying_face:

6 Likes

Will they try to kill me with a forklift?

8 Likes

Wouldn’t that be ironic?

4 Likes

Aww the kids like the irony, y’know.

5 Likes

Ahh @Vader, I’m always so happy when someone says they have rung that bell.

Congratulations to you and your family on your recovery.

10 Likes

Tomorrow, I get to head to Idaho for my parents’ 60th wedding anniversary! I haven’t been back since Christmas and if there’s anything I miss being out here in Wisconsin, it’s being near my family. So I’m really happy to get there for a nice visit.

11 Likes

Well, nothing so momentous as a bunch of these…but I’m finally figuring out that the Tascam DR-40x that I traded for the DR-05x…it does indeed do the things one would expect.

Yes, obviously it will take an electric guitar straight into the line inputs, with or without a passive DI box. Why did I think it didn’t? Well, it seems the volume and tone controls were rolled all the way off the guitar when I tried it yesterday.

Is that the recommended way to record guitar? No, of course not. But it does what you’d expect.

And, this morning, I somehow got my bog-standard Ubuntu linux to recognize the device as an external audio interface. No, there’s no “official” linux support, of course, but being class-compliant for Mac, there’s always a chance of the Free-BSD/Linux connection, and it seems there was.

So I was able to plug in an SM57 with a windscreen (and, of course, gain all the way up) and get some decent spoken word tests…some noise, but not that much.

What I should have done, since I have a really long XLR cable, is gone into the next room to confirm that the fairly sensitive built-in speakers on my low spec notebook computer weren’t in fact picking up even my whispers or gentle tapping on the mic stand and such…

But, even if I really want to use a 5V Plug-in-Power condenser mic, like the MOVO VXR10-PRO, there’s a small stepper-downer that takes 48V phantom power and delivers 5V to these little mics.

And, I’m pretty happy with the lowest end MOVO lavalier mic…this does have a battery, so no worries about phantom power blowing it up (although it will take that too from, say, a smarfen or computer). Sturdy clip, and the essential foam windscreen actually stays put.

1 Like