What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

7 Likes

I’ll add fierce rivals finding kind words for each other when the contest was concluded. We’re very fortunate in that, and I’m grateful.

GERRIT DOWN YA LAD

7 Likes

LOLOL, I was watching Drag Race UK and Alan Carr said something-or-other was “Like chicken tikka lasagna; it shouldn’t work, but it does!” and… well, I’ve forgotten what it is he was actually judging, which tells you where my attention went. :drooling_face:

5 Likes

Made one from scratch once on a lark and………it was good!

Never had one from Iceland though. Don’t want to know what they do to keep it costing a quid.

3 Likes

Actually, the British food I would most like to have here in the United States is Caerphilly cheese. It’s basically impossible to come by unless you want to spend a small fortune.

You can’t get a mustard and cress sandwich anywhere either.

4 Likes

Caerphilly cheese ain’t cheap here, so I can imagine it’s fairly deluxe over your way.

IMG_4413

5 Likes

family guy omg GIF by Fox TV

4 Likes

It’s been on order for two weeks.

8 Likes

I got it! I got it!!

4 Likes

Saw a deer on my driveway this morning. In addition to the frequent bunnies and squirrels and even turkeys, that’s a nice thing to see.

7 Likes

The people who study such things say that the deer population is greater now than 100 years ago. Judging by the increase of the number of roadkill deer I’ve seen in the last (big num) years, I believe it to be true. I even ran over one myself (do not recommend).

My understanding is that it’s due to our reducing the number of predators, both animal (because living next to mountain lions is scary) and human (because hunting isn’t allowed near where people live).

Around here they attribute rising deer populations to an increase in habitat, namely family farmland that is no longer farmed because the dang truck farmers done run em outta business, or something. Oh also windmills and solar farms and communism, probably.

3 Likes

Got a Roomba to vacuum the floors of our new house. It’s named Torgo of course because he takes care of the place while The Master is away.

14 Likes

I’ve been sick for the past few days, and it has been very unpleasant. Still sick enough to call off work today. I’m smiling though because today my headache is low enough that I can put my glasses back on without it hurting too much! It’s nice to be able to see clearly again.

9 Likes

The twerps made the playoffs! They went 7-1-0 for the season; in their first two seasons they had a total record of 2-11-3. One team, the team they play, is a 2014/-15 group, and they gave the Elites their only loss of the season. That should be motivation enough. Win or lose, they’ve come so far. Well done.

(Yes, that’s the Danger Kittens. There were two Danger Kittens in the league… Blue and Pink. Pick yer poison.)

4 Likes

What are those turkeys doing in your driveway?

6 Likes

Feeling accomplished, because I’m not really handy with tools and projects, but my mere 2-year-old TV went to hell, and I’m on a fixed income… (well, that’s one for a lengthy gripe, but I’m sans TV right now and probably will be for a while)

Anyway, I removed an old disc player from a dead Laptop, ordered a SATA cable (because they have none in town) - I took an old rack (for dishes), turned it upside down, positioned a small fan underneath it and placed the laptop and external DVD drive on top of it (to keep them cool) - downloaded a free player, and there you go, I’m watching one of my old Anna May Wong discs (a very rare silent picture that isn’t to be found streaming)

Just go full screen. No, it’s not an ideal size picture wise, but you do what you need to do, at least I got to see the movie again.

8 Likes

Hey, you summanabatches, I’m off on holiday for two weeks! It’s looking more likely we’ll be wearing coats than sunscreen, but it’s not being at work.

12 Likes

Someone in my FB writer group asked for help with evolutionary biology and human adaption for their world building! No one ever asks questions about my area of expertise.

I got to answer an Ask the Expert question. woot!

6 Likes

What?! But how will we get stories about archaeologists from the Tate Modern digging up dinosaur bones in Iceland now?

4 Likes