What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

I’ve been off forum with the second best event in November: Desert Bus for Hope! Lovely time, and I now have a comical number of Steam codes redeemed that I really need to play one of these days.

3 Likes

I was returning some items at a store today. On the far side of the customer service area is the delivery driver for their dairy products. He points to my ‘Crow vs. Servo’ shirt and gives me a thumbs up!

6 Likes

I found out one of my colleagues is an MST3K fan! The director of the museum next door said, “Does Rowsdower mean anything to you?” I said, “Yes, absolutely!” Turns out my colleague (not the director) will occasionally just toss that name into conversations. Next time I’m talking to him, I’m going to have to say, “This is absolutely fascinating.” :smiley:

9 Likes

This should be, like, our secret handshake:

them: Do you know Rowsdower?
you: Is there beer on the sun?

Then you both thrust your heads forward and yell ZA!

10 Likes

We already have that- “It’ll be a nice day if it doesn’t rain.”

6 Likes

It’s always a nice day if it doesn’t rain.

6 Likes

Insert Fullmetal Alchemist joke here…

2 Likes

At my second Xgiving stop today, I met some friends at a park after they had finished their dinner. When I arrived, their six-year-old daughter jumped off the swing set to run up and give me a big hug.

I’ve never had anyone pick me over swings before, and I was very touched.

6 Likes

All this cheese! At the Thanksgiving we go to, the appetizer is usually a cheese course. The person who puts the cheese course together writes on these cards what each cheese is and what awards, if any, they’ve won. It’s something I look forward to every year.

7 Likes

Oh man I want to come to your Thanksgiving next year!

3 Likes

Really enjoying the Turkey Day marathon :+1:

4 Likes

Knock knock

“Who’s that at the door? Were we expecting anyone else for Thanksgiving?”

wg

12 Likes

Henry Manchego - winner for Best Original Song and Best Scoring of a Dramatic or Comedy Picture at the 1961 Academy Awards.

3 Likes

New Metallica track today and the album on 4.14.23

1 Like

Cheese blocks me up in the worst way.

3 Likes

Just basic human kindness.

It’s not that everyone’s a jerk at my worksite, but a lot of them are awfully inconsiderate. And sometimes that wears on me and I start to think it’s all bad… so the janitor here did something nice and considerate, and that meant the world to me. Nice to be reminded that there are people who give a damn.

7 Likes

Speaking of heavy instruments (see several posts above), my first electric was a cheap Suzuki 3-S. I swear someone just took a block of oak and put strings on it. At the end of a show my shoulders would ache so bad.

When I eventually bought my Telecaster, it was Heaven, so light, it practically floated on air.

3 Likes

I’m enjoying some of these tonight, probably a few too many.

I’ve seen a fair bit of people talking trash about these cookies, and I’ve never understood it. They’re inexpensive and delicious, what’s not to like?

10 Likes

Grandma cookies, yuk! :wink:

I sometimes wonder if grandma bought these because the grandkids would have nothing to do with them. She could just enjoy them all on her own and at her leisure. (she’d make us some gooey chocolate chip cookies or homemade ice cream… which was beyond delicious… so we didn’t go without)

2 Likes

Is there cookies in there or your sewing supplies? (Or both?)

5 Likes