What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

But there aren’t any potatoes in a Big Mac…

2 Likes

Nope. 'Tis why they are Big Mac Potatoes!

4 Likes

I’m watching the 9th Doctor season of Doctor Who and I’m enjoying it. I got a random obsession with Doctor Who (not sure where it came from), but it’s fun.

7 Likes

Eccleston’s Doctor is one of my favorites. There is not a bad episode in that season. If you’ve never watched it before, you are in for some amazing stories.

4 Likes

Before this, I had seen a grand total of three episodes. One Eccleston and two Tennant. Now, I’ve seen four Eccleston episodes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I watched all the way through Eccleston and Tennant, but lost interest with Smith. I have them all on DVD and should give them another shot.

2 Likes

I’ve been watching some YT clips with the other doctors and I’ll admit that Smith doesn’t interest me as much. Capaldi somewhat. He definitely has an entertaining regeneration sequence. But I wish I could see some of the classic Dr. Who because especially the clips I’ve seen of Baker and Davison look great.

2 Likes

Matt Smith’s first season is gold. The following seasons drop off, but are still pretty good stuff

3 Likes

Britbox has most of classic Dr. Who, it used to be very cheap but I see it’s now up to $10 a month. They have loads of clasic and modern BBC and other British TV shows.

3 Likes

The first half of that season is amazing, some of my all time favorite episodes.

Smith and Capaldi had great companions but it seemed like after great starts the writing for them always went downhill after a season or 2.

2 Likes

Honestly, I would much rather watch Classic Who than New Who. Yes, it was lower budget and yes, it was slower paced, but I think the stories were simply better much of the time (episodes like The Doctor being replaced by a sentient cactus not withstanding).

Plus, Douglas Adams wrote three episodes (although one was never fully filmed due to a strike at the BBC).

Also, here. Have some FREE classic Who.

3 Likes

I wish there was a streaming service that simply had all the BBC stuff in one place. It’s all spread out over a dozen channels. I’d be willing to pay the annual license fee for access to that.

Doesn’t the Beeb have its own dedicated streaming service in the UK?

2 Likes

Yes. iPlayer. I would be willing to pay much more than the UK license fee if I got full access to iPlayer.

1 Like

And that’s only available in the UK?

Man, it seems like they’re leaving a lot of money on the table there.

2 Likes

The only thing I can think is it must have to do with rights. iPlayer does make its radio free for a limited time.

1 Like

Worth it for Red Dwarf ALONE.

5 Likes

According to Douglas Adams, he wrote more than the credited three episodes. He was the script editor for season 17 and I remember reading an interview (can’t find it with a quick google, alas) where he said he substantially rewrote every episode. This seems to be a common script editor claim/complaint. The ST:TOS script editors said pretty much the same kind of thing - they got “scripts” from writers, which they then had to turn into something filmable.

4 Likes

Played some Pizza Tower today and managed to S rank one of the levels!

1 Like

I don’t mind low budget and slower pacing. I think there’s value in taking your time. Thanks for the link! Since I’m going to be recovering from surgery, I should have time to check them out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used Tunnelbear to access iPlayer years ago to download Sherlock episodes the day they aired in the UK.

3 Likes