What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

Because @#$% Starbucks, I guess?

3 Likes

In their defense, Starbucks does indeed @#$%

3 Likes

Most gas station coffee beats either of them in my experience. And thatā€™s not an endorsement.

1 Like

Just got back from the dispensary! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

5 Likes

I am honestly so happy that this has become just another errand instead of an odyssey of sketch. Iā€™ll be happier when itā€™s the Weedy Delivery guy sending me a text from the driveway, but baby steps.

8 Likes

Yes! It is so nice to just go and pick up your order on your lunch break without the sketch. Iā€™m ready for a camping weekend!

5 Likes

I have to drive an hour into another state, but the people are so nice that itā€™s worth it just for that.

5 Likes

Yeah who knew that the collapse of civilization would involve so many happy people and snacks?

7 Likes

My place does have deliver, but I like going in because the people are nice and they have a cool merch section.

5 Likes

On Friday, Iā€™m taking my bike in for a tuneup and to get new tires so I can ride outside! Even better, I was able to get my hitch-mounted bike rack on my car successfully! I havenā€™t used it yet and it was supposed to be easy but I was worried it wouldnā€™t be. It turned out Iā€™d put on one part backwards when I originally assembled it (two years ago), but that was easily fixed AND it was actually easy to put on my car! Whew!

10 Likes

I just saw a local news broadcast in which the closed captioning for the name of the transportation secretary came out The Buddha Judge.

Of course, I canā€™t spell his name either.

11 Likes

I guess ā€œThe Buddha Judgeā€ is nicer than ā€œBooty Judge.ā€ Iā€™m not sure if he judges Buddhas or booties though.

2 Likes

While cleaning out some ancient cabinets at work, I found this printed guide to Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. To anyone who doesnā€™t know, I work in archaeology.

Itā€™s a small smile, but I needed it.

11 Likes

Itā€™s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

2 Likes

When he ran for prez he had shirts made that said ā€œBoot Edge Edgeā€ because nobody knew how to pronounce it.

Say it fast.

5 Likes

Iā€™m just now home from taking my mom on a special trip.

I took her to North Wilkesboro last week to watch all the races.

She had a blast!

We were running late on Tuesday and the weather was looking bad, so checked into the hotel, unpacked and checked the radarā€¦ Yeah, no racing on Tuesday, and even if there was, no way weā€™d make it in the traffic I was seeing on the map on my phoneā€¦ Oh, yeah and a radar indicated tornado between us and the trackā€¦ Yikes!

But, that meant that we got to watch the ASA Stars (Tuesday) race and both CARS Tour races, on Wednesday.

Since the seats Wednesday were all General Admission/First Come, we got there early and grabbed some great seats.

All three of those races were AMAZING. I love short tracks in general and always wished that Iā€™d been able to get to NWB before it shut down in the 90sā€¦ So this was one of those, ā€œInject this straight into my veins foreverā€ kind of days.

I got to take her to JR Motorsports for a shop tour while we were close by. She had a great time there. Got to meet some of the amazing people there.

Friday was practice for both NASCAR Trucks and Cup series races.

Iā€™ve never seen so many people at a practice at any track!

The assigned seatsā€¦ (same seats for Fri, Sat, Sun) meh? Theyā€™d used TicketMaster for ticket sales, and man that was an awful experience. But we could see most of the trackā€¦ We found some shade when there wasnā€™t anything going on on track.

The racing Friday, Sat, Sun was good. The NASCAR Truck race and the All-Star Open/LCQ race were the best of the NASCAR races. Sheā€™s a fan of the driver who won the Open/LCQ race, so she was happy with that race. The All-Star race, with the new carā€¦ Too much downforce, too wide tires, and too little horsepowerā€¦ But, it was NASCAR, back at NWBā€¦ So, even the bad racing was better than so many races at other tracks NASCAR goes to throughout the year.

There were hiccups and irritations throughout the week, but none of them ruined it for my Mom, and since this trip was something I was doing for her, thatā€™s all that matters. (I may toss up a short gripe thread about them at some point)

We ate well, Iā€™d brought a cooler full of homemade food, because pretty much every day we were running to get places early and by the time we got ā€œhomeā€ to the hotel, pretty much everything was shut down. One day we got back to the hotel after 1AM! So a few homemade sweet potato pecan pancakes went a loooong way!

I did get her to Waffle House after the All-Star race. A post-race tradition.

Coming home to a kitty that was very happy to see me come home was the best part of coming home. Going to be a busy week catching up on work, may even have to work the weekendā€¦ But Iā€™ll save that for the gripe thread :wink:

9 Likes

I completely forgot that itā€™s the upcoming Memorial Day weekend (Mayā€™s almost gone, WHAT???), so itā€™s an incoming 4-day weekend, and I have no commitments that I know of.

This is indeed a pleasant surprise.

12 Likes

Iā€™m going to spend a bunch of the weekend watching the zoomerā€™s spring dance show (ballet/jazz/tap). Sheā€™s a returning ā€œsuper seniorā€ at the dance school, and enrollment is down, so sheā€™s being featured in almost everything, and her F bucket is nearly empty, so stress and drama are also down.

The show is at a nearby expensive upstate college where rich kids go when they canā€™t get into an ivy league school. The kids are gone and the campus is very pretty, should be ok.

6 Likes

100% sure I passed my EtG test just now! Second in one week!

Thatā€™s right, I didnā€™t even study for it or nothing!

They gotta wake up pretty early in the morning to try to catch me out, and I wake up at 0200! Mama didnā€™t raise no fool!

BUT the real triumph was driving home safely among those pizzlehead morons during my ā€œfairā€ (ehhhhā€¦) cityā€™s nearly day-long rush hour.

At least I didnā€™t see brakelights on the freeway on the way homeā€¦there should never, ever be brakelights on a freeway unless thereā€™s an unexpected hazard, such as seals or maybe livestock.

And thatā€™s why one observes a safe following distance!

See? These are gems of wisdom Iā€™m giving here, gratis.

AND darn right itā€™s Memorial Day this coming Monday! Time and a half, baby! Thatā€™s the kind of sugar papa likes!

3 Likes

Oh, right, Monday will be double time and a half for me.

2 Likes